Caprice got injured. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that, Mike! That sucks but good thing is PDR and a little buffing should restore your beautiful car!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
My car would be at the far left somewhere. Away from the front of the store where everybody else parks.

aerial-view-of-parking-lot-abstract-E77E31.jpg

Mine too, but some moron always seems to want to park next to me.

Back when my 2002 Ranger was new...
it was pretty loaded 4wd XLT offroad package.. nice truck.

Parked way out from home depot. no car within 100ft tons of empty spaces around.

Had just spent 4 hours washing and detailing it.

Had 30min to kill to my buddy got home to drop off some computer gear.

Came out from home depot both driver side doors were all dented in to the tune of $1500

I hate those lazy pigs that won't return carts. Years ago My wife and I walked out of a store and I saw the wind was blowing a shopping cart directly at my pristine 535is; I took off like a shot- I almost got hit by a couple of cars but I still managed to stop the cart about one second before it would have hit my 5er.
It was worth it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
German supermarkets and stores that use carts have the answer to this, I can say about every Euro country. You insert a 1 Euro coin or token to release the cart from the one before it and get your money back when you plug it back into one when your done.
If you don't do it someone will be more than happy to return it for you and get the money.

Stores in the US are afraid of alienating fat lazy slobs who don't give a rats rear but if every store did it everyone wins.

Ahh. Ive seen that in airports I know exactly the system you are speaking of. That would work wonders. Biggest problem I see is NO ONE uses $1 coins, and fewer and fewer people are using cash period. So it'd have to be setup to take card or phone payment or something. But then you'd have to do a physical refund on return since it doesn't track which payment went to which cart which might upset some people.
Then there are the card fees and such..
Thats something that should have been implemented here 10-15 years ago at the latest so everyone would be used to it by now.

To the OP, there's a saying: People are no [censored] good. Forty-four years ago I was working my first newspaper job out of college. Worked Sunday's at an office in a suburban mall building. No one parked anywhere on Sunday's except a few of us working stiffs. Came out after work and some slob went out of his way to run a key down the side of my three year old sports car. I've had a red butt ever since about parking lot slobs.

That sucks.
frown.gif

I usually park out in the back 40, but ever since getting my beater, I've moved closer to the front--it's a beater, what do I care? One snowstorm, I stopped at an empty Walmart parking lot, but was still several spots from in front of the store. Came out, and yep, someone decided they just had to park next to me. I mean, empty spots closer to the door--but gotta park next to me. Anyhow, as I'm walking up, someone gets out, hits my car with their door, and remarks to the driver "gee, you parked kinda close". I walked up, key in hand, and said "good thing it's a beater." Look on her face was completely blank.

I drove off. Idiots don't deserve my time.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: Trav
German supermarkets and stores that use carts have the answer to this, I can say about every Euro country. You insert a 1 Euro coin or token to release the cart from the one before it and get your money back when you plug it back into one when your done.
If you don't do it someone will be more than happy to return it for you and get the money.

Stores in the US are afraid of alienating fat lazy slobs who don't give a rats rear but if every store did it everyone wins.

Ahh. Ive seen that in airports I know exactly the system you are speaking of. That would work wonders. Biggest problem I see is NO ONE uses $1 coins, and fewer and fewer people are using cash period. So it'd have to be setup to take card or phone payment or something. But then you'd have to do a physical refund on return since it doesn't track which payment went to which cart which might upset some people.
Then there are the card fees and such..
Thats something that should have been implemented here 10-15 years ago at the latest so everyone would be used to it by now.

Its not a big issue, just sell tokens that fit in the slot for $1 or use quarters, lots of these pigs would loose the quarter but lots of people would be happy to collect the carts and return them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back