Value start Walmart battery dead at 23 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
my $49 WM VALUE battery lasted only 10 months (in a free 'beater' car I was given..) - & was never 'abused'.

However, warranty is GREAT as I got a FULL $49 credit towards a brand new MAXX battery that replaced it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Corollaman
It cost $49 I thought it would last longer being a Johnson's controls battery. I do a lot of short trips maybe that's the root cause.

I just replace my Toyota battery this spring. With a Toyota factory replacement an 84 month guarantee. My last Toyota 84 month battery outlasted its warranty by a year. It was $129 installed.

Wally MAXX batteries are the best way to go, have good luck with all the ones I bought.
thumbsup2.gif

Your right. I guess I was expecting more for some reason. It takes less than ten minutes to replace in my car so it's no big deal. I might try the Walmart maxx battery I know the group 35 is rated high (my application).

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The best battery I've had I bought from BATTERIES ONE. I think they are made by DEKA. Ed

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good about the Duracell (Deka made) batteries from them.
It is what I plan on putting in my mom's car soon (she has an almost 5 year old NAPA (also Deka made) in it right now).

If your standing outside a car that won't start when its 105 degrees I would wish I spent a little more.

Batteries are a 2-3 year old replacement down here.

The group 65 in my infrequently driven F150 is (happily) nearing its 2 year anniversary. I bought mine shortly after they came out, as you did also. Remember, we were coming down off sky-high lead prices and "everyone else" selling for $100+. They still are.

I agree slacktide. $49 is pretty doggone good for just about 2 yrs. I think Corollaman did good with it. Not too shabby. The Wally World batteries at my store are made by East Penn now. I bet they would do very well in the sizes that sell quickly like group 24, 35, etc.

You could be like me.

I bought a premium $180 battery from Sears with a 4 year warranty only for them to no longer carry said battery during my warranty period.

So basically it cost you $2.13 a month for that battery. I waste more than that on less trivial things per month.

Mine has gone bad too. It has a 1/15 label on it so I can't complain. It started to drag this past week, I put it on the GR8 charger at work Friday and it failed. It has been starting fine ever since, but I don't want to get stranded so it's time to replace. I will probably buy another Value Power to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back