Mobil 1 Filter Poor quality control premium price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Pleats look good. Can looks really bad and the ADBV is obviously hurt.
I don't think you're trolling here as I can't see your having any reason to and most troll posts don't come complete with a filter cut and good photos.
Champ makes good filters and always has and Mobil isn't going to pay for garbage with their name on it, so I'm really at a loss as to why the can looks so bad as well as to why the ADBV is cut.
I'd personally take my concerns to Mobil and not Champ, since their name is on the line here.
A fake? I doubt that, since there's way more media than anyone would bother with in faking a filter and they also wouldn't bother with a silicon ADBV.
Contact either Champ or Mobil or both and let us know what they have to say.

fdcg27 thank you. I will contact Mobil. Still have not heard back from Champion yet.

I'm just curious - why do you still have the original box, 3,000 miles later, that you posted in your picture? I toss mine right after an oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I'm just curious - why do you still have the original box, 3,000 miles later, that you posted in your picture? I toss mine right after an oil change.
Because I toss all my cardboard in a drum and when I get enough I bring it to be recycled.

How did this make 7 pages ?
Ok … Ronald Reagan was my grandfather ~ can that get it locked and not put in that drum?

I was in a health class when Ronald Reagan was shot. The whole period we were glued to the television coverage. Then some dumb broad said she was glad he was shot. Our teacher was not amused.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Ok … Ronald Reagan was my grandfather ~ can that get it locked and not put in that drum?
Works for me. Do not know why someone would care why I still had the box.

Originally Posted By: littleant
...Do not know why someone would care why I still had the box.

In light of the fact that the box doesn’t match the filter is it possible that there was more than one box in the drum or that this is the box for a different filter.

I don’t find it particularly strange that the box was Available, but the fact that the box doesn’t match the filter is strange.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
...Do not know why someone would care why I still had the box.

In light of the fact that the box doesn’t match the filter is it possible that there was more than one box in the drum or that this is the box for a different filter.

I don’t find it particularly strange that the box was Available, but the fact that the box doesn’t match the filter is strange.

They just released that box style earlier this year right? Or I guess right along with their annual protection stuff?

At the Walmart I purchased ALL 210A boxes have 210 filters in them. And yes the manager was there when I opened them. And no he had no explanation for that.

At the Walmart I purchased ALL 210A boxes have 210 filters in them. And yes the manager was there when I opened them. And no he had no explanation for that.

Wow that is an interesting discovery... I don’t suppose you noticed any date codes?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Wow that is an interesting discovery... I don’t suppose you noticed any date codes?
Sorry I did not.

Or guys who would buy wore out Craftsman tools for pennies at a garage sale and head to Sears to complain/replace …

Considering what wears the Craftsman name lately...I'd rather have the ones from the garage sale.
frown.gif

Works for me. Do not know why someone would care why I still had the box.

Because you criticized someone's sacred cow, resulting in a dog-pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back