Beretta 92s : used/ surplus 9mm pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I bought a Turkey made Stoeger copy of the Berretta Couger in .40 Cal. Stainless. Seems like a very nice gun. Shoots flawless. Turkey makes nice guns. Berretta 92 9 mm I bought because I got a good deal at a pawn shop. One of the nicest guns I own. I didn't want one, but I love it. They are a beautiful feeling gun.

Those aren't copies. The Stoeger brand is part of the Beretta family of brands. When they started up the PX4 line in Italy, the production line for the Cougar was moved to Turkey and they just stamped Stoeger on them instead. Only the workers putting them together changed.

The Beretta 92 (M9) is like an old familiar friend of 30 years. It's a reliable, accurate, full sized 9mm service pistol. It's easy to shoot. It's a good gun.

When my wife and I bought a few guns several years ago (long story short; she called me at work and said, "We need to buy some guns"...we bought six that day and two more the day after...she IS a keeper!) she asked to get a Beretta 92. As a Navy Officer, with lots of experience, she had qualified with it many times. She was comfortable with it. Even now, now that's she's turned in her deployment "battle rattle", she's still got a holster for an M-9 and she still keeps that Beretta in reach when needed.

She shoots it often (and very well, I might add), and it's ready to go with two full mags of Federal HST 124gr.

If I didn't own one, it would be on my short list. It's a classic.

And at $450, it's a steal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back