GF bent on 10,000 mile OCIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
i think this has moved from an oil change issue to a "CONTROL" issue. You may win the war but, loose the battle. Ed

I don't want to nit pick, but that's a pretty good strategy
wink.gif

Factory Fill oil change today. Ran it to 4370 miles & what a pain in the ARSE getting that factory oil filter off. Total total knuckle buster!!! Filled with Castrol Edge 0W40 & Fram Ultra XG3614. GF is making me a nice rib eye on the grill as im typing this for her gratitude.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Factory Fill oil change today. Ran it to 4370 miles & what a pain in the ARSE getting that factory oil filter off. Total total knuckle buster!!! Filled with Castrol Edge 0W40 & Fram Ultra XG3614. . . .

Excellent oil choice. (And, FWIW, as a compulsive/obsessive, I, too, would have changed the oil long before 10K.)

Let me add that I had to hunt up a picture of VW's 1.4L motor to understand your comment about the oil filter. I was sort of surprised to see where the filter is located (vis-a-vis the EA888 engines), but as soon as I saw the picture I remembered there's a multi-page thread on vwvortex.com that mirrors your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back