Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
welcome2.gif

You didn't try Hengst and Purflux yet
laugh.gif

Nothing wrong with Mahle's Austrian cartridges. They make great filters
smile.gif

Is this a low-volume application? That would explain the rampant reboxing for this particular filter.

Contrast this to GM's Ecotec, where Hengst, Mann, Mahle, and Purflux all make their own filters for that engine (Mann HU6007x from Spain, Purflux L264A from France, Hengst E630H from the USA, and Mahle's comes from India). Hengst is the OEM for this Ecotec, and the ACDelco and Hengst boxes contain the same exact filter.

Filtron is owned by Wix, and Bosch used to be a business partner with Mann (they co-owned Purolator up until a few years ago, when Bosch backed out, but Mann/Purolator still supplies most of Bosch's filters)

Anyway, thank you for posting

It's by no means a low volume application: the DV6 is used by Ford, Peugeot, Citroen and is without doubt their best selling engine in Europe.

Originally Posted By: Bailes1992

DSCN0512_zpsdulp1ocp.jpg

Which one is the bottom left with that OX part number?

Reminds me of a Mahle filter.

I believe that you will find that filters for engines with extended change specifications that have higher than average requirements will be quite similar across brands. When the baseline is pretty good, there isn't much room neither to skimp nor to exceed it for the up sale value.

On an average North American specification filter, the bar is set pretty low so variability in brands is higher.

That said, I haven't tried a Rock Auto Pronto for my N55 BMW yet if they offer one.

I think the comment about low-volume filters being re-boxed by the competitors is probably correct. That is a Mahle design, and it probably isn't worth it to the others to design and manufacture their own version of that filter.

There is a video describing that filter design on Youtube. Starting at about 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH79uDR2YFM

So, if they are all Mahle, just get the one that is cheapest!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back