Pennzoil 0w40 versus the competition???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well your Wally World is not part of the cool kids club. Us with Wally worlds that have the $50 Mobil oil are definitely part of that club.

I just got on the WalMart website and checked my local stores. Of the 6 within a 25 mile drive, 5 of them have it in stock....or so they say. I'll check in a day or two.

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
Holy Moses.....$22.47 for a 5 quart jug??? Is this seriously correct?

It's $50 for 6 quarts on Amazon and $10 a quart in auto parts stores.

Gotta check out my WalMart tomorrow.

I had moved to synthetic HDEO for my EcoDiesel, but will go back to this soup for $22.47 a jug.

"Come on in, the water's fine!"

BTW: The 5QT jug of M1 Euro 0W-40 and Castrol Euro 0W-40 is (normally) just slightly more than that as ~$25. Been that way for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
My walmart has nothing... no Pennzoil Euro, no M1 AP, none of the newer oils.

OK, so my Walmart has now stocked up as well. Nice to see a good selection of Euro oils that are also reasonably priced.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: edyvw

Also, BMW has its own LL-01 oil, so no, it is not dead spec.

Yeah, not exactly dead. Just irrelevant to the non-BMW world of engines that don't have to be band-aided with the oil in order to just keep the bearings in one piece. :p

LOL, coming from FIAT driver.

A "Fiat" driver whose most serious mechanical problem since 2000 or thereabout has been a bad fuel pump relay...

:)

Since that was all they had on the shelf at WM on Monday, it's what's going into my E550 this week. I doubt it'll be particularly interesting, but since a change always leaves just a little bit left over, I can do a VOA and UOA on it. Ought to do that with the M1FS that's about to come out too, I guess.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Saturday bought a Castrol 0/40 Euro and the BMW LL-01 certification is on the back label.

Edit: Oh, you said Castrol. OK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Absence of LL-01 could be that sopus makes the BMW twin power 0w40. Maybe??

I honestly don't believe SOPUS made the 0W40, it was probably still old stock from Castrol days. That is why BMW no longer offers the 0W40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back