Honeymoon recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, probably didn't mention this but I proposed to my girl friend a month ago and she said yes. We are getting married November 4th. It was the first time I've ever proposed and I was so nervous. I had a really nice place and everything picked out and it turned out great.
We are doing a honeymoon fund instead of gifts but we are trying to decide on a place to go. Probably be 4-7 days has to be in the continental US. Probably will be sometime between nov-feb any recommendations is great. We were thinking maybe New York for the ball drop or possibly Florida or Grand Canyon. Thanks everyone for input.
smile.gif

I loved Florida to go back there aging, hate the traffic and the idiot drivers. Other than that, I put over 1k MI in under a week on the rental. Key west, kissemee, water parks of disney, Clearwater, so many places and not one disappointment. NY would burn my [censored] as I hate people, especially in large quantities and crammed into tight spaces. Grand Canyon is on my bucket list, but I would opt in for the tropics for the break in period.
wink.gif

Ket West was awesome when I visited. It will be peak season though so more expensive.

Is continental US because of budget or passport?

First, Congratulations!

Second, My vote for Mexico if you both have passports of course; all inclusive in January; less then 2K for 5-7 days. Big bang for the buck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Use 5W-30 Mobil 1 syn, bought on rebate...
smile.gif

Don't forget a fram XG filter!

congrats. I got married this year in Feb. We are going to Cancun next month for our honeymoon. Ive never been. It is all inclusive and it should be good.

If you are looking for a very romantic, on the quiet side honeymoon, I would recommend one of the islands on the gulf coast of Florida, Sanibel, or Marco Island. They are kind of expensive, but November is not the high season, and you might be able to get a nice deal.
another place which will be very austere at that time of year, but which might have a nice appeal for just that reason would be Nantucket Island, if you can find a nice romantic inn to stay in.

Arizona of course! It's beautiful that time of year and there's so much to do: Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, numerous national parks, Bisbee, where I live, Tombstone, Mount Lemon, Scottsdale, Jerome, .... The list is very long.

My wife and I got married and honeymooned in Vegas. There's a lot more to Vegas than gambling.

NYC is a lot of fun, too, but pricey.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Arizona of course! It's beautiful that time of year and there's so much to do: Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, numerous national parks, Bisbee, where I live, Tombstone, Mount Lemon, Scottsdale, Jerome, .... The list is very long.

I agree with your recommendation.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: double vanos

I agree with your recommendation.

Oooh good one; AZ in winter is a great time to visit
thumbsup2.gif

I don't recall it being cheap but wife and I did Williamsburg and then DC for our honeymoon. Finances can go either way--lots of free stuff to do in DC.

Grand Canyon in December is awesome. They opened up roads that normally are just for busses and park vehicles because it's the quiet season.

So many foreign tourists! Makes me ashamed of Americans who don't enjoy their own backyard.

Do a loop through the west: Vegas, Death Valley, etc.

If it were not that your marriage was taking place in November I would say Montana. The "Going to the Sun Road" is wonderful beyond belief, the various huge wood lodges, and other accommodations. Glacier National Park and so on. Amazing. Reasonably priced too!

US-National-Parks-Glacier-Many%20Glacier%20Lodge.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man
I proposed to my girl friend a month ago and she said yes.

So can you do a wedding register on BITOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back