Don't forget to change your fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
The sight of money and job security.
grin.gif

Pretty much, two things I like.
Originally Posted By: Run
After changing the filter did you notice any changes when starting up the engine?

I haven't moved it around yet after changing it. Only ran it to flush the cooling system.
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
so, whats in your gas tank,,,less us not be so naive as to think that the tank is shiny and spotless...

Good question, I have no clue since its not my tractor, but it does have a pre screen in the filler neck at the tank. But its clean looking but its pretty good at stopping nothing since its like window screen.
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
30 years of use, agricultural, filling from less than stellar tanks are all contributors to that filter's appearance.

No surprise here.

12.gif

I'm just surprised that its so filthy.

Dang, don't see that often at all.
Bet that made a noticeable difference.

Don't know about you but I love running into situations like that, quite satisfying for myself really Lol.

There are kits to replace broken fuel lines 18" on both sides of the fuel filter. I've seen them at NAPA.

My old car's fuel filter had a small pipe (with shoulder) at each end. You pushed release buttons moulded into each fitting to release the filter.

I put a thin coat of silicone grease on the filters pipes to facilitate removal and to keep dirt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back