My Wal-Mart has stopped carrying Maxlife atf

Status
Not open for further replies.
The auto care center department manager at my Wal-Mart where I work told me yesterday that they are no longer going to be carrying Maxlife atf and the dexmerc Valvoline anymore.

Weird because I found the last gallon jug of the dexmerc on clearance for 12 bucks and needed one more to do my trans drain and fill on the Buick soon. She said that all we will have on the shelf from here on out is the ST and castrol TransMax. No particular reason.

Anyone else notice this at their local wm?

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Probably because it's such a slow seller. Very, very few people change their own ATF fluid nowadays.

I will just about not let anyone else touch my vehicles because if I haven't done it before then I see it as an opportunity to learn. Also really don't like the idea of not being able to see the work being do e either.

Yea and its been replaced by SuperTech Syn LV fluid. I would not mind to much but the ST cost more than MaxLife.

You can still order maxlife at walmarts site for pickup.

My walmart did the same thing. I had to buy Castrol high mileage ATF instead. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing but i have always had great results with the maxlife fluid.

Originally Posted By: NavyVet88
Thanks sayjac and sorry about double posting the topic. Still erks me though

No problem. As I noted in link, a disappointing move by WM IMO. Did manage to find one store not too far that had some left. But it was the only store in the area. No longer available for online order store pick up around here.

On plus side two AP stores, AAP and AZ currently have it on special for ~$20/gal which is not too bad and still less expensive than WM ST MV Low Viscosity. The latter of which I will refuse to buy now because they dropped ML which was ~$4/gal less the STMVLV. Just me.

Imo, WM Castrol replacements not as good as or equivalent to ML.

I'd add things change though, just as WM dropped it, it's possible it could come back at some point.

I bought enough to do my Xterra a couple weeks ago. Now see that only quarts available online:( My nearest WMT just revamped the automotive section and clearanced out Rotella T5 and 6 and big filters, Valvoline Syn gear lubes. I filled two carts. No lube or fliter purchases for the F350 for couple years.
I always seen low stock on Maxlife ATF for the last couple years

Same here in Colorado for the most part. I had to order from WM online. A little more expensive but still worth it to me.

One Walmart near me clearanced Maxlife ATF out, another didn't. Don't know if the one just had a lot of old stock still to keep putting it out on the shelf, or each store has the choice?

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
I'd add things change though, just as WM dropped it, it's possible it could come back at some point.

After the distribution agreement with Castrol expires, it could go away and be replaced with Valvoline or another brand. It's all about one thing to Walmart: $$$

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Probably because it's such a slow seller. Very, very few people change their own ATF fluid nowadays.

Apparently not the case - - SupTech Mercon V is NEVER in stock on the shelf at walmart.

Originally Posted By: 28oz
One Walmart near me clearanced Maxlife ATF out, another didn't. Don't know if the one just had a lot of old stock still to keep putting it out on the shelf, or each store has the choice?

Each store has a choice.

I bought a bunch of BIG Fram XG Ultra filters for Cummins 5.9/6.7 and Ford 7.3 from one walmart for only 5.00 each. Another one 6 miles away still stocks them on the shelf for about $17 each.

The WalMart by my house stopped carrying it too, at least for a while.. even put the bottles they had on 'clearance'.. although the prices weren't that great.

Lo and behold, it's about 2 months later, and I've been seeing it back on the shelf, in its same old spot, at the same old price.

Either enough people complained, or they realized they goofed.

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's all about one thing to Walmart: $$$

Walmart is a business, not a charity.

After further review at work the other night, my Wal-Mart still hasn't replenished the Maxlife or dexmerc on the shelf. Looks like I'll have to head to oreillys next door and pick up my next trans fluid change

Originally Posted By: NavyVet88
After further review at work the other night, my Wal-Mart still hasn't replenished the Maxlife or dexmerc on the shelf. Looks like I'll have to head to oreillys next door and pick up my next trans fluid change

I'm experiencing the same thing locally. Oreily's price is 28/gal. Luckily my last trip to Walmart they had one gallon in stock for 15 so I picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back