Chevy Small Block V8 350 Compatibility Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just attended the Cars and Coffee gathering in Louisville, KY today. There were a ton of beautiful old/new muscle cars along with other projects. In total, had over 200 show cars present which was impressive.

I have been wanting to start a project over the past year, just haven't decided since I get pulled all over the place. I am looking for something a bit sporty with a good aftermarket support network. I would like to use the small block Chevy V8 350 engine since it is excellent value and reliable. Is there a list/website that is out there for compatibility regarding projects. I am looking at 2/4 door cars/coupes, project trucks are nice however I am not wanting to go that route.

Thanks

Get a 4th gen Camaro/firebird. When I see one of those on the road I think "that dude's cool"

Last edited:
Too many 350's at the car shows. Do up a 283 or 327. Either can run real good with bolt on parts. I would do up a 327 as those won lots of races in their day.

Last edited:
LS motors have taken over / replaced the venerable 350 in my circle of performance small block guys. Can't hardly give away a fresh 350 unless it's for a truck or stocker application. Way better heads and nearly indestructible bottom end. I guess the 350 will always be there due to the volume, but Even LS truck motors are making an easy 400 HP.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
a Miata with an LSx swap might be worth looking at.

Oooo, that would be a great combination if done right. Too bad I'm so big I look like a bear on roller skates sitting in it.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Too many 350's at the car shows. Do up a 283 or 327. Either can run real good with bolt on parts. I would do up a 327 as those won lots of races in their day.
or a SBC 400. I have one laying around I need to do something with, as well as a 01/02 350

IIRC only the 400 looks different on the outside (number of freeze plugs). So you could always say it's one thing but build something else, and no one would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back