momentary acceleration loss and STABILITRAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a 2007 Saab 9-7x, essentially a Trailblazer masquerading as a Saab.

Anyhow, the issue I have is that sometimes, usually within the first minutes of when the car is first started, when applying gas the car lose acceleration momentarily (like half a second to a second) and then kicks back in normally.

When that happens the STABILITRAK light goes on and then comes off. No engine codes are triggered.

After the first and likely only occurrence during the day of driving (it has happened at later drivings times but very infrequently), everything is fine.

I'm hearing it could be the throttle body. Is that possible at 150k?

Could it be something else worth looking into?

Thanks for any feedback

Last edited:
Since the stabilitrak light is coming on, I think the acceleration loss is due to brake application from stabilitrak.

You're not on ice or snow, obviously. Sounds like the Brake Control Module or Brake Pressure Modulator Valve has some gunk in it when cold, causing some sticking. I would expect a dashboard Service Stabilitrak message too.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Since the stabilitrak light is coming on, I think the acceleration loss is due to brake application from stabilitrak.

You're not on ice or snow, obviously. Sounds like the Brake Control Module or Brake Pressure Modulator Valve has some gunk in it when cold, causing some sticking. I would expect a dashboard Service Stabilitrak message too.

You're right, not on snow.
Good advice.
Where would the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve be located? is that under the dash? or at the wheels?

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tookien

Where would the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve be located? is that under the dash? or at the wheels?
It should be under the hood near an hydraulic path from the master cylinder. I'm not sure about that model.
Can google BPMV and I usually get those Bentley Service Manuals eventually. Lots of stuff on the web about trouble with EBCM and BPMV with Stabilitrak.

You could have a ABS wheel speed sensor that's flaking out. Often caused by tons of rusty shards of metal on the magnets. Clean that off before doing anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back