rassen frassen Mantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zama C1U carb. Mantis says to dump fuel and run carb any time the Mantis isn't going to be used for 2 weeks. So I did. Didn't help carb is all gunked up. The needle valve is so stuck that I broke the top of it off trying to remove it. Well pilgrim, I know the carb for these is cheap so I found the shebang,+ air filter, plug and fuel lines= 18$. Ebay has the same kit for 8$ but too long a wait. Grr, I hate breaking stuff. S'posed to be here Sunday.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
use pure gas

can't find that everywhere.
there isn't a single station in my county(or the surrounding ones) that sells ethanol free gas. it is all at least e10.
also only 1 station that sells e85, but that is neither here,nor there...

If you can find Coleman fuelmformstoves that works, or 50:1 premix in cans. Or you can saturate your fuel with water to separate the ethanol and siphon it off creating your own pure gas.

Thanks for all the advice. Varnish has glued the needle valve in its bore. I knocked the top off the needle and it has resisted all my attempts to yank it out. I stopped spending time on it and found a decent buy on the interwebz. Problem solved. Back to making rhubarb jam for Mothers day. No E0 that I know of. I have phase separated E 10 , but thats a pain. Its a 21cc Echo. Maybe it is my oily 32:1 mix.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: earlyre
use pure gas

there isn't a single station in my county(or the surrounding ones) that sells ethanol free gas. it is all at least e10.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TruFuel-4-Cycle-Ethanol-Free-Fuel-6-Pack-6527238/203572162

yeah... 34.99 for 6 quarts. that's $23.32/gallon. for gasoline.

on top of that, my nearest Homeless Despot(nearly an hour away) doesn't even carry, it would have to be special ordered.

Last edited:
Have you checked this website before? There may or may not be a station near you where you can buy ethanol free fuel. Also if you're near any marinas, they usually sell ethanol free fuel in a couple different premix ratios.

Pure-Gas

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: Trav
use pure gas

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TruFuel-4-Cycle-Ethanol-Free-Fuel-6-Pack-6527238/203572162

yeah... 34.99 for 6 quarts. that's $23.32/gallon. for gasoline.

on top of that, my nearest Homeless Despot(nearly an hour away) doesn't even carry, it would have to be special ordered.

buying new carbs is cheaper than running ethanol free home depot gas....

Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
Have you checked this website before? There may or may not be a station near you where you can buy ethanol free fuel. Also if you're near any marinas, they usually sell ethanol free fuel in a couple different premix ratios.

Pure-Gas

L8R,
Matt

if you were referring to me, then yes, i have. but not recently.
Looks like a Casey's opened a couple months ago, 14 mi away, that is listed as selling ethanol free 91.
besides that, there's a farmers co-op 45 or so min north, and a couple marinas on Indian lake, about 45 min SW...
so, nothing convenient... and I for one, am not willing to drive 20-45 minutes one way, out of my way, to buy "special" gas.

I work in Canton, and luckily for me, there's a station about 3-4 mils off the highway where I can get ethanol free fuel. Besides that, like you I would have to drive at least a half hour each way to get to another one.

L8R,
Matt

yeah... 34.99 for 6 quarts. that's $23.32/gal

buying new carbs is cheaper than running ethanol free home depot gas.... [/quote] Yup the new carb and stuff is $ 18.45.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back