8 out of 10 cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason #201 my family should not have left England.

A comedy show that deals with language; the moderator has a copy of the OE dictionary.

Not for everyone

Love it !
laugh.gif

I get this show via ROKU, it's, to say the least, unique. The host ... forget his name ... has a unusual laugh that is somewhat annoying to my ears. The questions are varied, but they have this one math problem which is incredibly difficult.

It's a kind of quiz show; the video in the OP is banter from one of the contestant teams. I get the impression the teams are made up of well known, in the UK, celebrities or public personna of some kind. Suffice to say I've never heard of most of them.

There are word quizzes and other kinds. For the math problem, they put some numbers up on a board, maybe four or five, and then a total, and the contestant teams have to derive a formula that uses the numbers to arrive at the total. Time limited, of course.

The numbers will be single or double digits ... say 3, 4, 8, and 11, and the number is typically high hundreds, like 756. Don't bother trying to solve my example, it's just made up values to illustrate a typical problem.

When I first came to North America in the 70's it took me a while to understand thet Americans (at that time) typically did not understand the humour of sarcasm.

I think that has changed somewhat over the years. Providing that they are not on the reciving end of it
24.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
When I first came to North America in the 70's it took me a while to understand thet Americans (at that time) typically did not understand the humour of sarcasm.

I think that has changed somewhat over the years. Providing that they are not on the reciving end of it
24.gif

You must not have settled in New England. Where the better you someone, the harsher the gibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back