Pennzoil All Yellow Packaging FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
snm1r5.jpg

Finally spotted the PP and PPHM in Wal Mart next to my workplace
smile.gif

GM car51
While in my local WM last week I noticed they had started stocking the shelves with the new yellow bottles. They also made a REDUCED PRICE section for the out dated older containers of Pennzoil. My cousin bought (3) 5 qt. containers of 5W30 PYB @ $10 each!
I like the new containers. The handle on the side is a game changer. It makes it much easier to pour the oil.

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Good Morning BlueOvalFilter
smile.gif

This Wal Mart hasn't started marking down the old style jugs yet but I'm optimistic. I did nab a ST-3614 filter though
smile.gif

Seems like they are making sure that someone who wants "Pennzoil" can easily find "Pennzoil"

Now, if you want a specific kind of Pennzoil, you are going to have to sit there and read every label.

How many spouses do you suppose are going to get in trouble because they were asked to get some type of Pennzoil while they were in town and got the wrong one because they all look the same?

Wonder if they bought stock in sleeveless shirts before making the move on this.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Do the 5qt bottles come with foil seals
crackmeup2.gif

Nope, no foil seal on the new design. I just changed my oil last week using Platinum in the new yellow 5qt jug.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: KevinP
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well, I guess we can't use the abbreviation PYB anymore.

The new terminology will require an FAQ.
PYBBC = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Black Cap
PYBSCP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Platinum
PYBSCHM = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap High Milage
PYBSCUP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Ultra Platinum

Why not:

PYL - Pennzoil Yellow Label (formerly PYB)
PGL - Pennzoil Gold Label
PRL - Pennzoil Red Label

... and of course, PP and PUP.

Old bottle was not silver; it was... Platinum...
I go to Walmart and frequently there are 5-qt bottles but no quart bottles of the same product. As my oil change takes 6 quarts, this is inconvenient. I wonder how many sales they miss because of this?
Anyway my most recent change was 5 qt new yellow jug (Walmart) + 1 qt old platinum jug (from another store).

I bought 2 of the 5 quart jugs of the Platinum 5w20 in the new yellow jugs today at my local Walmart to use in my wife's Dodge Journey. It was on end aisle sale; IIRC, it was priced $22.37 per jug. I didn't know Pennzoil changed the color of the jugs for PP, so I had to look twice at the labels to make sure I was actually buying PP.

I thought it was PYB conventional at first, and I was alarmed at the higher than usual price.
grin.gif

In short: New bottles, new labels, same oil with a 4 year shelf-life, and you don't need to shake before using.

Originally Posted By: kohnen
In short: New bottles, new labels, same oil with a 4 year shelf-life, and you don't need to shake before using.

Old habits are hard to shake
cheers3.gif

PYBGC
PENNZOIL Gold
I wish the SOPUS guys would give us some information on this stuff. It looks pretty good for a blend. How does stuff match up with Valvoline Durablend and Motorcraft Synthetic Blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back