A good dealer experience for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got under my Pilot the other day to change the oil. Filter came off easy but the drain plug was TIGHT, not to mention the head was boogered up. My wife reminded me that she went to the Honda dealer last time to change the oil. So I put my jug of QSUD in the trunk and headed over to the dealer. Once there, I politely talked with the SA about the plug being messed up and that they were the last ones to touch it. He apologized, took the car in and 40 min later I had a new drain plug and a motor full of QSUD -- all free of charge. I was very impressed with the dealer owning up to their mistake and taking care of the customer.

Good to see not all dealers are crooks.

Very good deal indeed. The other good part is that you were polite in speaking with them from the start. Well done on both sides I must say.

Last edited:
Nice to hear for a change. The ones in MN were horrible and overtightened /stripped the drain plug and over tightened the filter a couple times . I could not get the darn thing off when I attempted my own change!

The trouble is the oil changes are often done by the greenest kid on the team. It's basically something they can do without screwing up much, beyond tightening something too much. My guess is the guy you talked to was a Journeyman, possibly the Shop Foreman, who made sure it was done right the second time.

Yes very well done on both sides as said earlier. Most of the time it is amazing how a polite attitude towards a situation like that can help it get resolved that much faster. I know folks who he into verbal bloodshed in places like that over much less

It happens once in a while, unfortunately your experience is the exception, not the norm. Smart service writer, he earned a customer.

Good to hear a positive story for a change. My local Chrysler dealer has been great so far, changed a broken sunshade clip and malfunctioning Nav system with no fuss, but given the stories about cracked oil filter housings on Pentastar engines, I'm doing the oil changes myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back