Family Dollar removes old oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local Family Dollar and checked there motor oil out. They no longer have the SAE 30 API SA oil anymore. Smart move of any stores valuable shelf space that should have been done decades ago.

yeah my wife dragged me in a family dollar for the first time in years. To get some garbage easter baskets.

My instinct had me go directly to check out the motor oil aisle. They are selling pints of oil for a dollar, and I do believe it was API rated.

Nothing I would ever buy, just interesting to check out.

Originally Posted By: Donald

I shop for soda at Family Dollar, not much else.

You shouldn't put that in your body either..

It still would be good for air compressors or Bobcat hydraulic systems.

That's assuming it is what it's supposed to be. Not to be snobbish, but if I were to buy something for an air compressor or an expensive hydraulic system, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it had a Mobil or Shell or Chevron or Valvoline or Castrol or even a Royal Purple or Amsoil logo on the front, not a dollar store logo. Heck, up here, at least I know that Walmart sells hydraulic oil from Safety-Kleen, which I can trust.

Originally Posted By: Garak
It still would be good for air compressors or Bobcat hydraulic systems.

That's assuming it is what it's supposed to be. Not to be snobbish, but if I were to buy something for an air compressor or an expensive hydraulic system, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it had a Mobil or Shell or Chevron or Valvoline or Castrol or even a Royal Purple or Amsoil logo on the front, not a dollar store logo. Heck, up here, at least I know that Walmart sells hydraulic oil from Safety-Kleen, which I can trust.
I agree. Who would go to the dollar discount store for lubricant for there air compressor or there Bobcat.

Top up a rental - you betcha
laugh.gif

I've seen oil like that. Might have been Coastal at AutoZone. On the label it clearly said it was only for antiques or for use as a general purpose lubricant (like in an oil can).

I do remember when Dollar Tree had TropArctic Semi-Sun 10W-30. It had full API certification including the donut and starburst.

Family Dollar use to sell American XT oil it was up to date on specifications. I believe it MAY have been a Warren produced oil. Used their transmission fluid for yearly changes in my buddy's old Chevy truck. The transmission was still good when it got hauled to the scrap yard with 360k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back