Castrol Edge 5w20 4,000 Miles in 2006 Jeep 5.7L

Status
Not open for further replies.
This report is from my moms 2006 Jeep Commander. The OCI was probably 5K Miles, not sure I forgot to log the miles last time I changed it. It was last changed Christmas day 2016 and she drives 30 miles each way to work 5 days a week with a lot of driving and trips on the weekends. I put the same kind of Oil & Filter in and on this time. Filter was a Wix 51085.

Nice low iron wear numbers at 4ppm, Lots of Boron in the add pack at 236ppm.

Lots of life left in this oil.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The black bottle Edge is a great overlooked oil.

Seems to be overlooked due to lack of rebates like M1 and Pennzoil offer.

I did get two free movie tickets for purchasing a 5qt jug of the black bottle Edge though
laugh.gif

You can go further on that oil with those driving conditions. A conventional is fine if you're going to keep doing 5k OCIs with it.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
You can go further on that oil with those driving conditions. A conventional is fine if you're going to keep doing 5k OCIs with it.

dont know why they would want to changeup like that when they're getting numbers like that

When I bought the oil in December I got a Free NFL Bluetooth speaker via Mail in Rebate. When I changed it last Sunday I got 2 free movie tickets (5 qts only cost $22.97) not a bad deal at all. I know the oil could have gone longer but my mom was in town and I wasn't doing anything that day, I did not want her taking it to Jiffy Lube because every time she does they put the wrong filter on. She has taken it to 3 different quick lubes in Santa Barbara that have put the smaller filer (Service Champ OF195) that V6 Commander uses.

Originally Posted By: Dumc87
Originally Posted By: PimTac
The black bottle Edge is a great overlooked oil.

Seems to be overlooked due to lack of rebates like M1 and Pennzoil offer.

I did get two free movie tickets for purchasing a 5qt jug of the black bottle Edge though
laugh.gif

Agreed! I like the Edge black bottle oil. I believe this community would use it more if Castrol would ever do rebates
smile.gif

Not a fan of 20 grades in that engine but this looks fantastic. Edge black bottle is very high in additives which helps no doubt.

I don't see the 20 grade here either. 2qts of makeup oil in 4k? Might as well just change filter out once a year and just top off as needed. Good numbers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back