Mann w712/80. 10,587km/6580mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car: Saab 900 turbo 16, model year 1985
oil and filter: Shell Helix Ultra (UOA to follow), Mann w712/80

total mileage: 601503 km
OCI: 10587km (~6580 miles)

The filter was very tight in the car. As I had to use a [censored] of a lot of a bit more force to unscrew the filter in the car and thereby bent the can a bit, I could not use a pipe cutter to open it. I had to resort to clamping it down on my workdesk and using a saw - that's why the can looks to mangled.

imgp1236.jpg

imgp1237.jpg

More pictures on my blog: https://turboseize.wordpress.com/2017/04/02/oelfilter-sezieren-mann-w71280/

Previous filters I used in this car:
Champion C165: BITOG, blog.
GM LL55560202: BITOG, blog.

I am currently using a Mahle OC981 in the 9-5 and a Purflux LS245 in the 900. One of these will be the next to be cut open.

Last edited:
Thanks for the dissection and post.

PERSONAL NOTE: I would be driving a 1985 SAAB 900 today if "major forces" weren't working against me.
Today the car is rotting away behind a warehouse. Everybody loved that car when I was taking care of it.

It is listed for Saab "B" and "H" engines, just as the Purolator.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Thanks for the dissection and post.

PERSONAL NOTE: I would be driving a 1985 SAAB 900 today if "major forces" weren't working against me.
Today the car is rotting away behind a warehouse. Everybody loved that car when I was taking care of it.

"Major forces" aka wife?

Solution: let her drive. Mine was very opposed to me spending so much money on a not very neat looking "old [censored] car". Until she drove it for the first time. Then she liked it. Now, whenever she talks of it, she says "my little white car".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back