Best deal on a new battery, now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Home Depot would match the Lowes 10% veterans discount, Menards won't, but may give you the 11% rebate. All above competitive based on Volvo batteries, which are NOT in a competitive category.

Walmart Maxx. Was looking at their 24F this AM and they had a February build code. Our local store sells enough batteries that most sizes are never more than about two/three months old. The last 24F I purchased in 09 was still sitting on the shipping pallet. That was eight years ago and the battery still shows no signs of failure. Probably let us down fifty miles from home. Doesn't worry me very much as the great majority of people in rural Nebraska are friendly and go out of their way to help. The pioneer spirit is still strong in our area.

Sometimes the local independent auto parts store can get you an amazing price on a battery.

I bought an ACDelco group 35 battery with a 3 year warranty and the highest CCA for $80. A battery with the same warranty would cost at least $110 somewhere else.
Many years before that, I got a basic ACDelco 26R for far less than anybody else, but I don't remember the price because that was several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back