2015 Silverado Trany Pan drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone drop the pan on their 2014-current silverados ? Thinking about a pan drop filter change as im close to 50K on my 2015 now. Ive heard the exhaust is in the way to take the pan completly off. Looked ok under the truck. Kinda close though...

On the 2001 and both 2003s I had in the past, It was a breeze.

Thanks for any info guys!

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
...It was a breeze.

6L80 pan drop just requires a little (~1/2") exhaust crossover persuading.

There's plenty of wiggle room in its flex coupling aft of the crossmember.

6L80Epanexhaust.jpg

6L80Epanmagnet.jpg

I was researching this in preparation for dropping mine when the time comes. I kept reading how the shifter cable was a nuisance (besides the exhaust cross-over) having to be pried out of the way with fears of possibly damaging it. The shifter cable on my Sierra is not in the way at all so that's a plus. Splinter, have you tried the floor jack method for getting the extra clearance for dropping the pan? If so, did you have any fear of damaging the cross-over pipe?

As a follow-up to my previous post, has anyone with the Silverado/Sierra models with this issue thought about adding a drain plug to their pan to make it easier to do drain and fills? I searched for aftermarket offerings but all I can find are really expensive custom type pans. A replacement pan for mine can be had for ~$20 so I've considered getting one and having someone weld me a drain plug on it and use this for a replacement when I do drop the original pan. Any thoughts?

Idioootic engineering - such a big vehicle and they routed a exhaust over it.
Mindless brainless engineering will not put a drain bolt on it.
Pumping it out is the only option for "loyal" buyers like you at this moment.
Enjoy the vehicle and don't drop the pan, you could x-thread it and create more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back