2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this tank. The previous owner kept it in great condition. Changed the belts so I didn't have to
smile.gif

4.6L V8 Gasoline Engine, HP 275 @ 5600, FT-LBS 300 @ 4000, and Mileage: 91,647

Oil capacity 7 quarts (I'm so happy for it does not holds the typical 5)
Transmission 8 quarts.

So I bought a 20 ounce bottle of Chevron Techron and pour it into the tank before filling up.
Changed the Tranny fluid with the best - RedLine D4. What came out was black, dropped the pan, and put in 6 quarts. Going to do another drain and fill at 94K and 96K to get most of the old out.

xGR8v6PZJyXSyErv9

BZjGPTZ1NtVJeHP5A

S5VsYrb3bWYXH3Vv5

Bought 3 gallons of Peak anti-freeze, Valvoline brake fluid, and Prestone steering fluid.

Oh and the oil change was Mobil 1 that I got in 4 qt bottle when the Kmart here had it on clearance from 2011 and two years later no longer in town.

I won't be mixing antifreeze, will drain the 3 gallons and add in the new fluid. Have the head gaskets and inserts been changed? Don't think so, after looking I see the hoses state 10/02 on them, therefore I will be replacing them as well as the gaskets, oil pressure sensor, pcv valve, thermostat, spark plugs and other small things.

Yes even though it was designed years ago, it's look and design holds up well. Just the other day i was in it, passenger side window was open, and the guy in the other car asked if I was selling it. Told him I just bought it and we both laughed.

I was doing 77 MPH and didn't feel like I was going that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back