Klotz R50 color

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Klotz R50 and have noticed the color is relatively weak. From the bottle it pours like a dark orange, but when mixed with gas 40:1 the color is very hard to notice. It actually makes the gas look like straight gas that turned bad. I was under the impression all Klotz oil was supposed to be blood red, and its kind of inconvenient to have a 2 stroke mix that you can hardly identify. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't know of any oils that drastically change the color of the gas once mixed at reasonable ratios. Most dyed oils just change the tint slightly enough to be noticeable. Dark blue, green, red and purple will be fairly noticeable at heavier ratios, but orange and amber oils will be hardly noticeable in most cases.

What exactly is your concern though? You want to identify the oil being used by the color of the gas after mixing?

If you are using multiple oils and they are different colors, you should be able to do this regardless of how strong the color change is. As long as you aren't distinguishing between similar colors like orange and red, purple and blue, or green and blue it should be pretty obvious.

I understand how colors work, I am simply asking if anyone has noticed Klotz oil with barely any dye. Everything I read says it is supposed to be red, and my jug is more of an orange. If I didn't know I had mixed my gas, you could not tell by color. Its barely better than Interceptor. Its not a matter of organization, its simply a safety to keep from running straight gas in a an engine that needs premix.

have used klotz super techniplate for years...its very red as you say, and when mixed its noticeable.
i mix my 2 stroke bikes fuel 50/50 with ethanol free 91/vp 110 leaded which is purple. altho the fuel is quite dark, my cans are all marked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back