Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some at the 99 cents store today. Looks like they changed the bottles to Kendall GT-1 Max Full Synthetic. It now comes in a red bottle. I'm just happy that I can buy it again since the first fill really quieted my motor!

I think he might be referring to the 99 Cent Store specifically in which case this Kendall oil still isn't back at mine. A month ago, they had a limited number of bottles of the GT-1 for $2.99 that were gone in a couple days. They continue to sell the 66 Shield synthetic blend for that same price...no oil of any persuasion is .99 cents though. I'm sure that's a good thing....

Yeah that's what I meant. Each quart is $2.99 but in my area that's the cheapest full synthetic I'll ever find!

Originally Posted By: boom10ful
Yeah that's what I meant. Each quart is $2.99 but in my area that's the cheapest full synthetic I'll ever find!

Kendall is a quality product, if that's the cheapest full synthetic in your area, I would stock up while it is around.

Is it the new stuff in the red bottles ?

Yeah, the new bottles are red. Probably the same formula and such. I've got around 6 gallons of oil laying around right now so I think I'll take it easy for a while. Might buy some more though.

The red bottles are sharp. The thing that sucks though is the gray bottles had a little centered tab on the seal to pull right off. The red bottles are sealed, but there's no easy way to get those seals off.

Originally Posted By: boom10ful
Yeah, the new bottles are red. Probably the same formula and such.

Yeah, I haven't taken a close look, but the spec sheets look the same to me. I think same formula too, but it has been well respected for years, so all good.

Originally Posted By: lonestar
Originally Posted By: LEONAR
Does anyone know of an online source for Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 5w30 Dexos 1?

You can start with http://petroleumservicecompany.com/kendall-full-synthetic-engine-oils/ and then there is Amazon, and then there is eBay, and on and on. Just enter Kendall oil in your browser and start comparing pricing.

Tried all those, except for eBay. PSC only has it in 55-gallon drums, don't see it on Amazon at all.

I do not know how you are searching PSC and Amazon but both have 12 packs of Kendall FS 5w30 Dexos 1 as well as the version with titanium.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lonestar
Here is the link to 12 pack of Kendall FS 5W30 Dexos 1 oil on the PSC website. http://petroleumservicecompany.com/kendall-gt-1-dexos1-5w-30-6/ PSC is still showing the silver bottles for the Dexos 1 approved Kendall flavor.

Thanks, I'd looked at that page but I didn't see "Full Synthetic" on the bottle - the newer red bottles have "Full Synthetic" prominently displayed. The other GT-1 flavors with titanium also have "Full Synthetic" displayed, even on the older silver bottles, so the branding is a little confusing.

Best shipping normally applies to two case orders - about $22 shipping for two cases (24 qts) here to Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back