Who knows how to teach my dog to do this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to put that rascal on America's Got Talent.

It's not hard to do. Dogs are pack animals and will often observe and imitate behaviors that they find to be useful, especially the behavior of the pack leader. That behavior has been rewarded in the past, so the dog continues to do it for the reward.

It's why dogs can be trained to sniff out dope-give them a reward when they do it right, and they'll do it right every time to get the reward. It's why our dogs sit 10' from the door when guests come over and don't approach them until they're allowed to do so. It's why dogs do so well as service dogs and can guide a blind person or assist someone with a physical disability.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik

You should. If you don't, then you should consider having a fish as a pet.

Originally Posted By: Langanobob
Looks like a wonderful dog. Anyone who has to keep their dog in a cage like that should find a better home for him.

This is a guard dog and caged life trains a more aggressive behavior toward starngers. It is normal everywhere, I keep mine chained for a segment of his time.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It's not hard to do. Dogs are pack animals and will often observe and imitate behaviors that they find to be useful, especially the behavior of the pack leader. That behavior has been rewarded in the past, so the dog continues to do it for the reward.

It's why dogs can be trained to sniff out dope-give them a reward when they do it right, and they'll do it right every time to get the reward. It's why our dogs sit 10' from the door when guests come over and don't approach them until they're allowed to do so. It's why dogs do so well as service dogs and can guide a blind person or assist someone with a physical disability.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik

You should. If you don't, then you should consider having a fish as a pet.

I shall implement monkey see doggie do then, my kids have more energy to do repetitive nonsense than I do. If there is success I will post a comparison ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back