Delo CK4 Just Showed Up On WM Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah...I'm in Jackson, Ga today. At the Pilot truck stop, they have Delo SDE, Valvoline Premium Blue (15W40) and Kendall 15W40 in the CK-4 flavor.

The Kendall has all of the usual HDEO specs listed but not SN rated. The Valvoline does list it as CK-4/SN. Valvoline is lacking the E9 and MB228.31 that we normally see listed. It only lists the Cat, Cummins, Mack/Volvo and Detroit specs if remember correctly. No idea if their website says different than what is on the bottle.

Still haven't seen the Delvac CK-4 yet.

Went to WM yesterday. Saw the Delvac CK4, looking exactly like the old CJ4 jug.

Looks as if Mobil is taking "the one you know" approach, as opposed to Chevron's "OMG! Look at our new ____!!" approach.

Went to our local Rural King. They have Valvoline Premium Blue with the CK-4 labels. Also Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 had CK-4 on it as well.

There is still Chevron Ursa for those that want a conventional diesel oil with 50% more wear
whistle.gif
. CJ4 for now.
15w40 and 10w30, I think to compete with older Rotella T3.
CK4 showing up everywhere. I was hoping for CJ closeouts, but it ain't happening.

Is it me or does Delo 15W-40 look like a little better oil on paper than Delvac 15w-40? This is comparing both CK-4 offerings. I've always ran Delvac with no complaints but the Delo has me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back