Amsoil engine flush product

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amsoil Engine Flush doesn't loosen up chunks of deposits - it dissolves and disperses them so they can be captured by the oil filter and drain out when the oil is changed. It also moderately thins out the old oxidized oil so it drains out more completely. I've used the product on some very dirty engines and it works just as advertised. In particular it will remove residual deposits from engines that have experienced coolant leaks.

I have used AEF in the past with good results.
I like to start with a warm engine and I like to
spray Amsoil Power Foam during the end of the 15 minutes.
after this little procedure I always get compliments on how well the car runs.
done this over 200 times with different vehicles. under normal situations you will never see a problem...
The AEF product wont do any harm to any engine unless it is already harmed, then you can blame whatever happens on the flush.
It wont be your fault for the AEF dispersing any large chunks of carbon that you left in there using liquid dirt to varnish up and lubricate your equiptment...

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Here's Gunk for comparison. Gumout has no real data on content

Chemical Name CAS No. % Range Trade Secret
Naphthalene 91-20-3 0.1 - 1.0
Naphthenic Petroleum Distillate 64742-52-5 7.0 - 13.0
Petroleum distillate, Aliphatic 68476-34-6 60.0 - 100.0
Surfactant 26264-05-1 0.1 - 1.0
Toluene 108-88-3 Not Available
Xylene (mixed isomers) 1330-20-7 0.1 - 1.0

Whoa! Gunk really beefed their formula into a "kitchen sink" approach! Used to be a bit more tame, didn't it??? Now it looks more like B-12.

I never have and never will use engine flushes.

And now, with VVT being common place, IMHO, the risk is much great than any possible reward. If the flush knocks some gunk loose and it clogs one of the many oil passages it's a bad day.

Regular oil changes and quality gas are all that is required to keep the engine clean, unless you just have a poorly designed engine. But, all the flush in the world isn't going to fix it.

But, do what you will; it's your vehicle.

Last edited:
I got a 2006 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6L this last summer that had 52,000 miles on it. Immaculate shape, but maintenance was sorely lacking. The engine was an oil eater. I used the Amsoil Engine Flush stuff on it for 3 oil changes. Cleaned up oil consumption quite a bit and the engine runs great. Of course, did a lot of other stuff like cleaning MAF, TB, and changed plugs. Couldn't tell if there was sludge buildup, but there was heavy varnish looking down thru the oil fill. Figured it needed a clean out.

Originally Posted By: Dale_Knight
Do any use Amsoil engine flush product regularly, I'd like to hear of practical use experiences of the product. Thanks.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Yes.
Used it on my explorer at about 90k before changing oil. Worked as advertised.
More importantly, I have had to use it several times on my 99 MB after changing valve covers and finding a lot of varnish and very minor sludge from PO.
06.gif

Not worth tearing entire engine apart. I just did a flush before each OC, on a shorter than normal OCI. Slow and gentle way to break up junk and clean up inside of engine, especially when going to Synthetic. That way synthetic doesn't have to do all that cleanup, IMHO.
It is definitely working. Can see down the oil fill tube and it is greatly improved.
But, as some TV commercials say "your results may vary"
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back