Finally got to drive my Camaro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way his cam held up. That HP peak at just under 6k is a real winner with that kind of low end. I feel your tuner is a good one.

Now get that girl to the strip!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I love the way his cam held up. That HP peak at just under 6k is a real winner with that kind of low end. I feel your tuner is a good one.

Yeah, James Karger is really good at what he does He got the AFR exact in four pulls & a perfectionist about drivability of the car.....NO surging, stalling, short/long shifting, converter clutch toggle.

I really want some track time Steve....Would prefer to sell the 7.5" diff before I kill it

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

Yeah, James Karger is really good at what he does He got the AFR exact in four pulls & a perfectionist about drivability of the car.....NO surging, stalling, short/long shifting, converter clutch toggle.

I really want some track time Steve....Would prefer to sell the 7.5" diff before I kill it

Solid move, that. I like the 9" suggestion.

That beefy 6.2 will kill it if you use drag radials!

I'm kinda leaning toward a Dana 60.....

A Strange Dana 60 housing & axle package is $1,355.

A Moser 9" housing & axle package is $1,375.
BUT, I still have to buy a Center Section & a Pinion Support to make this a apples to apples comparison which adds $400 for a Nodular center section & a Billet pinion support.

A Spicer "Trac-Loc" Posi for a Dana 60 is $395. Dana 60's have 35 spline axles stock.
35 spline 9" Posi's are stupid expensive, A Yukon 9" "Trac-Loc" 31 spline Posi is $520.

The 9" does offer greater selection of ratios for a cheaper price
9" Yukon 3.50 gears are $277
Dana 60 Yukon 3.54 gears are $433

Master build kits & 1350 Yokes are similar in price, Though I do have to purchase a diff cover for the D60 at $30

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would expect a D60 to be heavier.

Also, what are the brake options?

Good point on the weight,
Strange Dana 60....191 pounds
Nodular Iron center section Ford 9"....174 pounds

I can have either rear set-up for my stock rear brakes that are decent vented disc with aluminum PBR calipers.

I'm just amazed that with all the aftermarket support and time in the market that the 9" has that it's not cheaper! Gawd that thing is pricey!

Yeah, the 60 is looking better and better. What kind of axle retention does it have?

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I'm just amazed that with all the aftermarket support and time in the market that the 9" has that it's not cheaper! Gawd that thing is pricey!

Yeah, the 60 is looking better and better. What kind of axle retention does it have?

Locking Collars just like a 9", Using "Big Ford" Bearings.

A Harmon......Didn't you buy a LS3 for your car?

I did buy an LS3 for my car, but ended up returning it when I found that it had LSA heads on it.
The ebay seller had no explanation why an LS3 with supposedly 30,000 miles would be equipped thusly.

Be careful out there!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

I did buy an LS3 for my car, but ended up returning it when I found that it had LSA heads on it.
The ebay seller had no explanation why an LS3 with supposedly 30,000 miles would be equipped thusly.

Be careful out there!

Sorry to hear that!!!

Great work!
thumbsup2.gif

Be careful out there!

Sorry to hear that!!!

Yeah, it was kind of a drag, but not too painful. I picked it up in Detroit on a Friday, and started taking it apart until I found bumps in the intake ports that shouldn't have been there. Then I saw the LSA marks laser etched on the ends of the heads. The decision was easy, and I lost no sleep over it. I went through the ebay return process, and took it back to the seller the following Monday and got a full refund. I'll figure out something for the Camaro eventually. The LS1 is still puttin' along, but is definitely retired from track use.

V8 Cluster installed, Oil pressure is now reading correctly, Don't have to stare at a Cavalier Speedometer anymore!!

The 125 MPH speedo would have been completely useless with the V8 installed!
And the 155 MPH speedo will also be fairly useless. You could twist the speedo needle around until it's pointing at 8 on the voltmeter!

The 125 MPH speedo would have been completely useless with the V8 installed!
And the 155 MPH speedo will also be fairly useless. You could twist the speedo needle around until it's pointing at 8 on the voltmeter!

Officer, I was only doing 8 Volts per hour.....LOL.

I don't drive faster than 140, And that's on the toll road with nobody around.

Originally Posted By: Excel
IMO the 2001 Camaro is a pos and the latest one is far superior in every way
So while I commend you on your recycling of the 2001 and I agree the latest SS
is way over priced its IMO a better ride than a 2001

Seems like only an un knowledgeable POS would write something like this. The Ford's from 01 were NO better than the Camaro. The New SS is also kicking the Mustangs Butt so that is part of the reason why it cost more.

Last edited:
Subframe Connectors from Midwest Chassis are ordered, Talking to a buddy of mine that sets-up chassis on many 4th gens for competition said not to buy SFC's that have bends or jogs in them, And connect Front Subframe to Rear Subframe.....Not Front Subframe to Rear LCA Mount. The Midwest Chassis one's are all I could find that met both criteria.
http://midwestchassis.com/products/93-02...ted#productTabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back