Parts Plus PH 2808, 5,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe with 4cylinder engine. Put some Magnatec 5w20 Syn and a tough guard 9688 in and on. It's the step sister's vehicle. 30,xxx on vehicle also. Say what you want; these filters do hold up well I've noticed
smile.gif
. Enjoy the pics

209hjtc.jpg

2gxqwir.jpg

esp4c1.jpg

14u8h9y.jpg

2cehimh.jpg

11qiuk1.jpg

2kopix.jpg

15fp4dv.jpg

I could be wrong, but the current Parts Plus spin on oil filters are made in China by Premium Guard. The older blue ones like the one pictured were made by Champion Labs, emphasis on the word "were."

Tell you what man these parts plus filters do look stout. Heaven knows what the effiency really is on them. But if I had to throw a dart at a number board. I would aim at somewhere around 90% @ 20 microns. Which would be serviceable for sure. Good job as always Captain. You are doing tremendous work on here.

'IMO' the Parts Plus having a 90%@20um efficiency is an extremely generous efficiency speculation. Based on known data points of other Asian oem manufactured filters, if I were to 'speculate' I'd say more like 50-65%@20um. Agree that like the newer Federated oil filter and others with the same coo, China, the majority appear well made. This one is no exception at 5k mile oci. I'm just not willing to use the halo effect based on the construction alone to project an equivalent high efficiency number on the filter.

That said, wouldn't necessarily keep me from using one. Especially when I think of other similar comparable filters used by quick lube and indies, and the noted Asian oems on the road. Though wouldn't likely be my first choice, for a 3-5k conventional oci it seems a decent option.

Perhaps some day they will publish an efficiency rating so speculation unnecessary. Until then, 'construction looks good, efficiency unknown' most I can say.

That really is a good looking filter. Pleats are completely even and not wavy,and that center tube is built like a tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back