Joey: Product Review: GUNK Motor Flush Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange:
33.gif

With such low mileage, short intervals and quality oil like Rotella, I don't think there's any sludge or buildup. More likely the motoflush changes color when heated.

With regular oil changes (even conventional,) I've never had an engine fail due to lubrication or wear. Either I get tired of the car/truck and sell it for something different, or something else expensive breaks that makes it not worth fixing. The engine itself (in all vehicles I've owned, and there have been many) is never the deal breaker, and lasts as long as I want it to.

I just don't see the $$ vs. value perspective in these engine flushes. Even the extra $$ for synthetics is still a mystery to me, even though I still use synthetic (usually Autozone specials.) If I was dead set on an engine going as absolutely far as it could, I might try the expensive flushes and such. But then again, some ignorant driver might total my car when I've got it to 300k. You won't get anymore resale value out of a car by telling the buyer you used an engine flush every oil change... Just some things to consider...

Well the dummy didn't understand or follow the directions. He changed the oil and poured the oil flush into new oil instead of the current oil that was in the truck. So a complete waste of oil. The new oil was only in use for 5 mins before being drained again.

Last edited:
If Joey says its great and works, what more is there to say?

Totally bogus test. Maybe the T6 cleaned some things up? Color is no indication.

He did not pull the valve cover to see if it was sludged in the first place or if this did anything.

I will be leaving this product on the Walmart shelf.

Originally Posted By: Smoqueed
That Gunk motor medic stuff is basically just kerosene dyed red.

If you've got a really slugged motor, might as well drain 2 qt and dump in 2qt of diesel fuel, idle for a bit and drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back