Jiffy Lube filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Jiffy Lube quick lube shops use a quality filter? Also would one JL use the same filter as another one in say another state?

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Does the Jiffy Lube quick lube shops use a quality filter? Also would one JL use the same filter as another one in say another state?

Doubt it. I would bet that those guys use the cheapest filters they can get in bulk. Buy your own filter and Oil, ask for a 10$ discount, have them do the dirty work.

A) I don't know.
B) I would assume they buy cheap filters; "Group7" and other no-name brands.
c) I would assume any quick lube franchisee would buy the cheapest filters he could get his hands on if the franchise agreement allowed it or if said agreement wasn't enforced.
D) I'd assume business franchises in different states would have access to the same product catalog and, therefore, could likely offer the same products.

I wouldn't trust those guys as far as I could throw my car. That's just me. Kira

When I worked at a VIP tire/ parts store we used the same "Pronto" chinese filters in the bays for the $17 bulk oil-change special that we sold over the counter.

They use the cheapo O'reillys Microgard filter now.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
When I worked at a VIP tire/ parts store we used the same "Pronto" chinese filters in the bays for the $17 bulk oil-change special that we sold over the counter.

They use the cheapo O'reillys Microgard filter now.
nothin wrong with the microgard.

Got 250,000 miles on my Rav4 and 200,000 miles on my Corolla using a quick lube oil and filter. I change the oil myself now but there was nothing wrong with the cheap oil/filters used at local quick lubes in my experience.

Whenever I've changed my girlfriend's oil after Jiffy Lube did the last one, they used a Purolator. Could be worse.

I guess like everything, "It Depends"

I pulled off a Performax (SOPUS products, made in USA) PO-173 (same size as FL-500S) from a vehicle that got it at Jiffy last year, and it's definitely a quality filter.

The last "Group 7" filter I saw was Chinese. I'll pass.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Does the Jiffy Lube quick lube shops use a quality filter?

Grumpy-Cat-NO-6.jpg

Jiffy Lube and quality don't belong together in the same sentence. Avoid that place like the plague, your car will thank you!

I think they still use "Mile Guard" oil filters. Based on this video https://youtu.be/QZhgfa9KZtM I would suggest that they are Champion E core filters. I highly recommend everyone take a look at this vid for the incredible sludge, and the maniacal laughter of the guy opening it up. This thing did really well for an ecore filter. I would add that the vehicle had a block based bypass, that might have saved him.

It's Jiffy Lube.

You're going to get a jobber oil filter and bulk 10W30 oil.

They will probably underfill your car half a quart.

Don't kid yourself.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
I think they still use "Mile Guard" oil filters. Based on this video https://youtu.be/QZhgfa9KZtM I would suggest that they are Champion E core filters. I highly recommend everyone take a look at this vid for the incredible sludge, and the maniacal laughter of the guy opening it up. This thing did really well for an ecore filter. I would add that the vehicle had a block based bypass, that might have saved him.

That guys narration and laugh creeped me the [censored] out, what a weirdo

Yep. I would worry about stripped drain plugs or the techs pulling my air filter out every time to show me it has some dirt on it while letting dust into the intake. No level of trust or peace of mind at those places for me.

Jiffy Lube proper will make it an effort to use Pennzoil or QS-branded filters, unless the franchisee is a cheapskate.

Other places not so much - the one I've seen uses Service Champ, basically Fram Wal-Mart filters in a white can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back