Bought 15400-PLM-A02 filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
I am seeing prices starting from $3.xx to $11 per filter and that's a very broad range!

And North America is a broad continent. Markets and costs vary greatly across the land, so sell-prices will reflect that.

Plus, if you walked into a dealer in an expensive area and bought a single filter, you would likely pay a lot more than if you bought an entire case from an eBay or Amazon seller.

I think I paid about five or six bucks per filter from my local dealer.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
I am seeing prices starting from $3.xx to $11 per filter and that's a very broad range!

And North America is a broad continent. Markets and costs vary greatly across the land, so sell-prices will reflect that.

Plus, if you walked into a dealer in an expensive area and bought a single filter, you would likely pay a lot more than if you bought an entire case from an eBay or Amazon seller.

I think I paid about five or six bucks per filter from my local dealer.

Thanks, that does make sense. It means, I need to move to an area where land and dealers are cheap, for a cheap person like me
wink.gif

I am planning to replace oil and filter tomorrow, how important is crush washer? Can I change that at every other OCI?

In one of my old accord, I never replaced it. Just playing it safe by asking. Thanks

how important is crush washer?

It's just as important as you want it to be.

Crush-washer-changing policy seems to be similar to political beliefs, where emotions reign and everybody has a different opinion.

Can I change that at every other OCI?

Sure. You can change it as infrequently as you like. Some here boast of never having changed it.

Personally, I follow factory procedure and change it at every drain. I figure for a measly 50-cents it's worth the peace-of-mind.

my Accord has 246K--on the original crush-washer....not to save money, but to prove a point
--what point--? I don't know, I've always been contrary
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back