Bought 15400-PLM-A02 filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a box of filters from ebay, received it today.

Curious, I don't see any 'Honeywell' logo on it. It just says, made in USA and that's it.

Can anyone please confirm? Just to make sure it's not a Chinese clone
frown.gif

They have not been Honeywell for quite a while, the plant in Canada closed and I think Honeywell ceased to exist at least as a automotive filter manufacturer.

AFAIK They are made by FRAM in the USA now.

Gotta be careful on Ebay. Only buy filters from actual Honda sellers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Gotta be careful on Ebay. ...

True that... If the price was too good to be true it probably is.

Study some of the later A02 pictures here and make sure they match.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Can anyone please confirm? Just to make sure it's not a Chinese clone
frown.gif

I still have a couple of A02s from when I owned my Integra. Mine do not say "Honeywell" on them either, only "Made in USA", just like yours.

A genuine Honda filter will be pad-printed with the installation instructions in four languages, and will be shrink-wrapped. Mine also have a small "5U" stamped into the baseplate.

Your best bet is to bite the bullet and buy one filter from a dealer. That way you'll be able to make direct side-by-side comparisons between your eBay purchases and a known-genuine filter.

Also note that a lot of dealerships maintain accounts on eBay and sell their stuff on eBay.

You may have bought it from a dealership without knowing. Check the seller's "Me" page.

Like Tegger said they come individually wrapped with a Honda part number barcode sticker on them. If you don't see this I'd be very wary.

Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe
they come individually wrapped with a Honda part number barcode sticker on them.

And that sticker is the ONLY place where it says "15400-PLM-A02". The filter itself carries no Honda part number.

BTW, I also have PL14610(Purolator Classic) laying around. Would they be better or same for a 5K OCI? Where every 5K, will change Oil and Filter or can do 10K on filter and 5K on oil?

Just for reference, I drive like a Grandpa!
laugh.gif

Laying around is the best place for a PL14610 (isn't that a Pure One AKA One - not a classic L14610) not that it matters much - I wouldn't run either on of em...

You can do 10K on the A02, depending on oil you can probably do 10k on the oil too.

Your filters look legit to me, but it has been a while since I had one in my hands.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Laying around is the best place for a PL14610 (isn't that a Pure One AKA One - not a classic P14610) not that it matters much - I wouldn't run either on of em...

You can do 10K on the A02, depending on oil you can probably do 10k on the oil too.

Your filters look legit to me, but it has been a while since I had one in my hands.

No, mine is Classic and not PureOne. It's L14610.

I'll stick to A02 with 6-7k OCI, filter and oil change both. For some reason, 10K seems a lot, isn't it?
frown.gif

Thank you.

Those filters looks like the real deal. Thanks for posting. 10k is doable as Honda recommends a filter change every second OC, so theoretically the A02 should have no problems going beyond that.

Can't really recommend the 14610 until we see the tearing issue acknowledged and fixed as the 14610 is one of the worst offenders out there.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Those filters looks like the real deal. Thanks for posting. 10k is doable as Honda recommends a filter change every second OC, so theoretically the A02 should have no problems going beyond that.

Can't really recommend the 14610 until we see the tearing issue acknowledged and fixed as the 14610 is one of the worst offenders out there.

Sounds good, I'll use these OEM ones on my Civic for 1 year or 7500 miles OCI, just for peace of mind
laugh.gif

L14610 I have is an old one(white color), what's the tearing issue? Is it common on newer blue cans?

For now, I'll use L14610 on my motorcycles, they all use that too
smile.gif

For some reason, 10K seems a lot, isn't it?
frown.gif

I used to think so. Now I routinely run oil over 9,000 and filters over 18,000 for the Civic. I understand that seems long.

FWIW the newer printing of the Honda service manual for my Civic says to change the oil every 10,000 and filter ever 20,000 for non-severe service. So they are saying the A02 or A01 will do 20,000 though I don't run the factory filters 2 OCI's like I do an Ultra.

L14610 I have is an old one(white color), what's the tearing issue? Is it common on newer blue cans?

For now, I'll use L14610 on my motorcycles, they all use that too
smile.gif

The white can L14610 (aka the Classic) is newer than the blue can L14610. And yes, one of the worst at tearing media.

Don't use them on anything ... target practice would be the best thing to use them for.

Please see picts attached, that does seem original, correct?

They're real!

I am just curious if we have any anyone who has personal experience with these filters in terms of the cost?

How much does it cost per filter? Since I am seeing prices starting from $3.xx to $11 per filter and that's a very broad range!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back