Glock 43 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not on any firearm forums, but it might be maintenance related.

I have not owned my G43 long, and have only taken it to the range three times now (about 250 rounds through it). It's been flawless at the range. I noticed that I need to work on my trigger pull (a lot more noticeable than on the G19), so I put the laser cartridge into the 43's chamber and practice. I pull the trigger, rack the slide to reset the trigger, but 75% of the time, it doesn't catch and the trigger is still dead. I tried this with and without an empty magazine inserted. I did some googling and found a few similar symptoms, but almost all of them were after the owner did some trigger work and reassembled incorrectly. I've never disassembled my unit further than removing the slide, wiping the frame/recoil spring/slide/barrel, then lubing at the tabs.

My frame:
2m80cra.jpg

Other picture I found online:
xcpzlh.jpg

You can see that the yellow line points to a part that is on top of the part with the part number. I've read in my searches that the first digit on the part number should be covered with that other metal part (you can tell that I'm not a Glock expert).

Questions:
Any of you have a G43 and can take a look to compare, also, any issues resetting the trigger by hand racking the slide?
Is it possible I dislodged that part while wiping with a rag?
If it is wrong, can I fix it myself (I'll send it back to Glock if it's a manufacturing issue)?

Thanks for the help!

Mine has the same 33363 part as yours and I can confirm it looks like the 2nd picture, with the bearing over the sear. The piece can be moved so I could see how you may have caught it with a rag. Mine is a USA manufacture gun.

I haven't taken my 43 apart since it's still new, but I've had my gen 2 23 and gen 3 19 apart completely. Easy.

I agree. Mine has the same part numbers as yours in the top picture, but mine looks like the second picture.

The part labeled in yellow as "trigger spring bearing" does move separately, and it does appear that you knocked yours off with the rag as you cleaned it. Its a Glock, so it will be extremely easy to fix. Just watch a YouTube disassembly video, use the proper size punch (or the actual $5 Glock disassembly tool off eBay or Amazon)

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I'll do. I just watched a youtube video, doesn't look too bad at all. I thought those pins would be much tighter, but the guy was just pushing them out by hand with the glock tool. I'll give it a try tonight.

I am a little curious why it works flawlessly at the range compared to hand racking, but I'm glad the failure mode allows operations still (somehow)!

Thanks again!

Originally Posted By: Al
Does yours look like the first picture? Should not look like that.

Yep! That's even my left hand!

Thanks all! I watched a couple youtube videos, popped out the pins and fixed it. Very easy. Trigger resets with a short stroke of the slide as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back