How do you get under your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive the car up on the curb. Takes a couple of seconds. Gives me sufficient room to take off the underbody shields, drain the oil and change the filter.

After having a few cars too low for my Rhino ramps I've been using for 15+ years, I broke down and bought the
2 piece super lightweight Race Ramps for $300. You can't build a better, or lighter ramp with a long, low angle approach. It is worth the extra money to buy the best tool for the job, when it takes the drama out of a simple oil change. etc. The more you use them the cheaper they seem, when it makes it so easy.

Last edited:
I've been using an Autocraft jack and stands the past few years. But I noticed today that my Sentra doesn't have a good way to jack it from the front or side without pushing in the plastic on the body. I may be looking into getting ramps to make it easier and, for lack of a better word, cleaner.

I have some metal ramp that are 20+ years old.

You can see one in the pic.
They are a touch too tall for my wifes car, so I put them at the same spot on the driveway as in the pic and it gets the angle just enough so they don't touch going up the ramp, as well as giving me a little more room under the car.

Rhino ramps or a jack and jack stands. It depends on which vehicle and what I'm doing to it.

My preferred method is Rhino ramps unless I'm doing something that requires taking the front wheels off.

If I need all four corners lifted, I have no choice but to use jack stands.

I'm spoiled as I have an American made 10k 2 post lift in my shop. I can never climb under a car again.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I'm spoiled as I have an American made 10k 2 post lift in my shop. I can never climb under a car again.

I have a lift, too. I have a box truck that won't fit through the 10' garage door (or on the lift), though! I have to work on it outside like a neanderthal.

I have a 9500 Lb Asymmetrical lift in my garage
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back