iPhone 6->iPhone 7 for $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: surfstar
If costs of service and phones actually matter to you, you'll leave VZW or ATT or anything with a contract and payment plans (how insane is that; financing/leasing a PHONE!), and go to an MVNO.
Cricket is an outstanding value. You will literally save thousands of dollars over just two years and there are cheaper services too. Cricket is just the easiest to switch to and use, with ATTs network.

I wish. I looked into Cricket, but my Sprint plan with unlimited data for four phones (2-year contract) was less than Cricket by quite a bit especially when the cost of the phone itself is included. Plus Cricket throttles the download speed even if it is an unlimited plan.

We have an older Verizon plan that no longer exists, and I use a non-contract phone. My total phone cost was $199 retail (I bought it for $149), and I pay $29/month for my phone access and data (we have a family plan that is funded by each user for his/her devices). I can't buy reliable monthly service for less than a dollar a day anywhere.

My total cost over two years is $696 for the phone service, plus the phone. I can't see saving "thousands" with Cricket, when my total outlay isn't even a grand, phone included.

Monthly service is okay, but don't assume that you can't work the game with a major carrier. Now, if you have to have the latest iPhone, then sure, you'll have to pay for that. But if you're creative, you can have excellent service and a good and modern phone at a price that's competitive with any Walmart plan.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: surfstar
If costs of service and phones actually matter to you, you'll leave VZW or ATT or anything with a contract and payment plans (how insane is that; financing/leasing a PHONE!), and go to an MVNO.
Cricket is an outstanding value. You will literally save thousands of dollars over just two years and there are cheaper services too. Cricket is just the easiest to switch to and use, with ATTs network.

I wish. I looked into Cricket, but my Sprint plan with unlimited data for four phones (2-year contract) was less than Cricket by quite a bit especially when the cost of the phone itself is included. Plus Cricket throttles the download speed even if it is an unlimited plan.

Your phone tastes are too expensive for me, then. $25-130 gets you a great smartphone when you buy at the right time, brand new from Cricket. Moto G LTE was $25, $80 for my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, $130 for Alcatel Idol 3...

We're also happy with 2.5gb of high speed data, so I guess your requirements are a bit higher for phones and data than ours. Glad you found a deal still.

Majors usually have family plans with shared everything. The second tier re-sellers do not have something similar. Or at least that was my experience when I was shopping.

We've found family plans to have huge value. We have five devices sharing 6 GB/month (and we really use only about 4 GB combined), and the 6 GB/month costs $70. Split among each of the five devices, it's just $14/month for data. The line access fee is just $15/month (we're on an older family plan that's no longer offered). Everyone's base cost is only $29/month, plus any device payment if they have it. I bought my non-contract phone outright for $149, and pay only $29/month for my device on Verizon, which has excellent coverage everywhere I travel. Great deal!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
We've found family plans to have huge value. We have five devices sharing 6 GB/month (and we really use only about 4 GB combined), and the 6 GB/month costs $70. Split among each of the five devices, it's just $14/month for data. The line access fee is just $15/month (we're on an older family plan that's no longer offered). Everyone's base cost is only $29/month, plus any device payment if they have it. I bought my non-contract phone outright for $149, and pay only $29/month for my device on Verizon, which has excellent coverage everywhere I travel. Great deal!

Yeah, those plans are a good value if you keep a phone for a long time, or are ok with cheap phones. Go with the high end apple or Samsung phones, and the subsidized plans do still seem to make sense, at least they have for us.

Quote:
the subsidized plans
I do not believe such a thing exist anymore. This current iPhone promotion is different and I feel it is being paid by Apple in the background. In general majors no longer give you subsidized phones.

Quote:
Not in NH.

The first question NH store asked me was am I MA resident? If so, they will charge me the sales tax for the transaction. This must be because they have none in stock and will be mailing them directly to home address. I asked if I could pick it up at the store but no such option was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back