If Porsche C30 and MB 229.52...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
That way, at least, you have little reason to change. The 0w-40, however, is at least in more cost effective container sizes. But, at one time here, too, there were no A3/B4 lubes in jugs, all in one litre bottles, and GC was the easiest too find. Heck, it still is the easiest to find.

Considering that we make like 5K a year with Tiguan, using 0W30 makes more sense. However, it is value issue. You get 0W40 in Wal Mart for $25, and you really cannot beat that.

Since it seems to me that Walmart does not try to cover all the bases but only sells what sells best, I am surprised that the demand for 0W-40 is high enough that they feature it and at a good price

Originally Posted By: pscholte
Since it seems to me that Walmart does not try to cover all the bases but only sells what sells best, I am surprised that the demand for 0W-40 is high enough that they feature it and at a good price

Yeah, the 0w-40 grades (both M1 and Castrol) are very often sold out at my local Walmart.

I am surprised. QP, is the Great Lakes region a "Car Place?" We moved and our new city is DEFINITELY a "Car Place!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back