How far do you push your battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced the oem battery in my 2009 Legacy in 2014 after 130k because I was worried about getting stranded somewhere in the winter time. Autocraft gold battery I put in died 6 months later, left me stranded in a parking lot at 6am. One of those times where you try to do the right thing and prevent something from happening, but it ends up happening anyways
27.gif

I hate to reply again, but it's too late for me to edit my last post.

My favorite part about that experience was when Advance auto parts refused to give me a new battery under warranty, since I didn't go with the battery that their system said to go with. Their system says to use group 35 in my car, some subaru owners say group 35 batteries fit very poorly and it's a tight fit in the legacy. I went with a group 85 battery, with very similar specs that is supposed to fit much better. Either way, I think the specs on both autocraft gold group 85 and 35 batteries far exceed the specs of an oem subaru battery, but maybe I'm wrong.

clickable thumbnail

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Costco/Kirkland is wannrantied 10 months (or used to be until recently, they may have just changed the sticker).
Mine has lasted abut that long and the price is reasonable.
You missed a zero there! I am not sure if the new ones are still warranted for 100 months though.

I run batteries until they are completely dead, however long that is.

But then, I work at the parts counter of a large auto chain, so it is not hard to get a new battery and replace it in the parking lot if it fails!

They're lucky to last a year or two in the wife's car with how many times she leaves her lights on...

My 2011 Ford Mustang GT OEM battery lasted 3 years (almost to the day). I have an interstate Megatron that is 3 years old and I hope to get 2 more years out of it.

addyguy said:
I run batteries until they are completely dead, however long that is.

But then, I work at the parts counter of a large auto chain, so it is not hard to get a new battery and replace it in the parking lot if it fails! [/quote

since you're in Canada, what battery brand would you recommend? what brand(s) fail most often ? thank you.

My previous battery was in the car when I bought it circa 2006/2007 and lasted until Christmas '16.

Replaced with an 063 size Bosch S4 and I'm hoping for it to last until the mid 2020s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back