Grand Caravan auto trans dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
The auto trans dipstick on my 2003 Grand Caravan had 2 sets of holes to indicate hot and cold fluid level. When fully warmed up, my fluid level is between the sets of hot and cold holes. Does anyone have a feel for how much fluid to add to get the level up to the hot set of holes? I can add a cup at a time and check level, but, I was hoping to save time.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would only add a few ounces at a time but would wait about a minute before rechecking as I find the fluid seems to stick to the transmission tube.

Last edited:
I find it easier to check fluid on these transmissions while still cool. I only add a few ounces at a time.

2~3 ounces at a time; check again after running the vehicle to operating temperature (maybe the next day, for example). What does the manual say about reading the dipstick and the need to add fluid, and how much to add at a time? That's who you should be consulting, not an internet forum.

I'd start with 4 ounces and see how far it moves the level. After that you should have a pretty good idea of how much more to add. I'd guess about 6-8 ounces should get you there.

From the top hole to the middle hole is a pint, so 1/2 pint will work ok. Actually, it's really not that picky. I'd verify whether or not it's leaking. If it's not leaking, I'd just leave it but watch it. Check it once a week or so until you are satisfied that it's not leaking.. I have over filled then a little and had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back