ultra or hyundai oem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That came from an Australian video by Hyundai about counterfeit filters. No longer available though on Youtube.

If anyone has any specs for filtration on the Hyundai filter please let it loose.

Hey Shoz how many miles on your Genesis coupe?? As I told you before they are very good looking cars in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hey Shoz how many miles on your Genesis coupe?? As I told you before they are very good looking cars in my opinion.
About 66k miles. Great car with a couple nagging problems. Transmission/clutch and alignment. Can't keep it from pulling to the right and is shows right rear wear on the tires.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: wemay
How anconductingraw any conclusion of today's oem filter efficiency from that "test" is a head scratcher.
It's the only data available.

Says it's 99.2% @ 50 microns or larger. It is what it is.

Yes, nothing more, nothing less is said.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said to say they aren't very efficient. Mentioned above that it came directly from Hyundai. Unknown what test spec was used. Guess it's better than no info/data on their efficiency.

The YouTube video pretty much revolves around the message that there are "fake" (counterfeit) "Hyundai OEM" oil filters out there - and probably even fake aftermarket brands of filters. Those are the ones most likely to cause ticking and noisy start-ups because the fakes are total junk.

My son has a 2013 Sonata, and we are going to change the oil and filter next week. What's the going rate on the Hyundai OEM filters from the dealership parts department? AdvanceAuto can get them for like $5.79 each I think it was, but I would have to order it.

I feel the same way about the Hyundai as the Toyota OE filters. If they come on a new expensive car, when it is driven off the lot it isn't harming the engine due to defect or incompatibilty, so it probably won't later. The Hyundai has a 10 yr/100k warranty I believe, so for me I would buy the OE filters at a dealer and save the receipt during that time. Especially if they have made any kind of statement about using genuine filters, whether they were implying fake ones or not. The Hyundai filters shown here had very deep pleats and the media looked thick.

I have had great luck with WIX and the Ultra with Hyundai. Never did get a chance to try their oil filter, but my local AAP has them for ship to home only orders. A guy here said they are different than what is at the dealer, which is fine IMO, but they are branded Hyundai filters.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
My son has a 2013 Sonata, and we are going to change the oil and filter next week. What's the going rate on the Hyundai OEM filters from the dealership parts department? AdvanceAuto can get them for like $5.79 each I think it was, but I would have to order it.
Auto 7 is the same as OEM Hyundai. RockAuto.com has them for cheap and you can always get another 5% off with the discount code. Kia dealers too are usually cheaper than a Hyundai dealer for parts over the counter.

Or you can look on eBay and get them in quantities.

OK thanks for the heads up about Auto 7. The only thing with RockAuto is that they hammer some of us on shipping prices for what ever reason, and I am one that's getting hammered. I use to buy exclusively from them, but since they started their silly shipping prices back last summer, I have not bought any thing.

I will call the KIA parts department Monday to get a price on a filter.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I ordered a few of those Auto 7 filters from Rock Auto and this is what I got.

Did you send them back or accept Rock Auto's shenanigans?

Originally Posted By: BigD1

I ended up picking one up at the dealer and after tax it was $6.79. a couple times they offered me 2 for $10

the outside/rim looks the same but the inside looks different than the one I got at the dealer

It probably wasn't any shenanigans on RA's part. That filter has the correct Auto 7 part number sticker like my purchases have had. Auto 7 sources from a variety of suppliers. I've received both genuine Hyundai parts and parts sourced from OE suppliers.

It's unfortunate for KD0AXS, but I guess you can't be guaranteed to get OE filters like I did when I bought Auto 7 filters.

In the past I've also bought Auto 7 wiper blades and received a KIA branded part and a part with a Korean supplier brand.

348t7qg.jpg

EDIT-

I just googled that company and they are an OE auto supplier. Here's some info on their site:
http://www.daewha21c.co.kr/sub_eng/sub_01_02.php

Note that the link says in 2014 they started supplying Autozone with the STP Extended Life oil filters.

This link shows one of the STP filters and it's clearly marked "made in Korea."
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3829706/New_STP_XL_extended_life_filte

2zf2yqo.jpg

Here's a picture of the rock auto Auto 7 Hyundai spin on filter. Exact same as what you get at the dealer.

012-0046__ra_p.jpg

Here's a picture of the rock auto Auto 7 Hyundai spin on filter. Exact same as what you get at the dealer.

012-0046__ra_p.jpg

Call Auto 7 up and complain if you want about their ability to switch suppliers. They may have even given that photo to RA.

The same thing may happen at any retailer selling Auto 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back