Coffee - Your Current Brew

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
What does the Illy coffee taste like compared to Starbucks French Roast?

I can't answer that. I am not much of a Starbuck's drinker, and I have never tried their French Roast.

But, comparing apples to apples I will take Peets espresso over Illy espresso.

Originally Posted By: 3for3
What does the Illy coffee taste like compared to Starbucks French Roast?

I can't answer that. I am not much of a Starbuck's drinker, and I have never tried their French Roast.

But, comparing apples to apples I will take Peets espresso over Illy espresso.

Peet's French Roast is my absolute favorite coffee. Starbucks French Roast is my 2nd favorite.

Peet's French Roast is my absolute favorite coffee. Starbucks French Roast is my 2nd favorite.

Ya gotta try Aldi's "Morning Roast - Light" in the red bag.

You'll be blown away how good it is.
thumbsup2.gif
AND only $3.99 a bag.
shocked2.gif

Peets espresso and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf espresso are very good, so is Don Francisco's espresso.

3for3, since you use coffee press it may not extract all the flavors of Illy espresso. I thing with proper espresso machine you may change your mind about Illy espresso.

Starbucks Espresso is acceptable(but the cost is a little high) Starbucks French Roast is not my taste.

I'm sorry that my taste is not the same as yours.

Cold Brew.

2 cups of grinds to 1/2 gallon water ratio I do.

My favorite is actually Folgers Black Silk. Folgers Gourmet Supreme not as good.

Messed around with more expensive coffees, but, I like my mass-market "dark roast" coffee with the cold brew method.

First time using beans and everything associated with it. Use our ninja to grind up the beans since we don't have a grinder. One thing I defiantly notice is no bitterness. I use 3 small scoops to about 12 cups and it's perfect.

552FD01A-EEF0-437D-A770-2BA5AD1A5262_zpsicduox7i.jpg

I've always been a whatever pre-ground is on sale kind of coffee drinker.

I started grinding beans a week or so ago. The difference between Folgers and fresh ground is ridiculous.

I've only tried Seattle's Best #3 SO far. I finished that this morning. Picking something different this afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
I've always been a whatever pre-ground is on sale kind of coffee drinker.

I started grinding beans a week or so ago. The difference between Folgers and fresh ground is ridiculous.

I've only tried Seattle's Best #3 SO far. I finished that this morning. Picking something different this afternoon.

IF you have an Aldi, get their Whole Bean Morning Roast.
You'll be blown away.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
If you have an Aldi, get their Whole Bean Morning Roast.
You'll be blown away.
smile.gif

I hear that Aldi is expanding in California, if they do I will try Aldi brand. Do they have dark roast such as Espresso ?

Originally Posted By: Turk

Ya gotta try Aldi's "Morning Roast - Light" in the red bag.

You'll be blown away how good it is.
thumbsup2.gif
AND only $3.99 a bag.
shocked2.gif

Thanks for the tip and I wish I saw this post a few days ago. I just bought their regular ground coffee for $2.79 a can.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

3for3, since you use coffee press it may not extract all the flavors of Illy espresso. I thing with proper espresso machine you may change your mind about Illy espresso.

Starbucks Espresso is acceptable(but the cost is a little high) Starbucks French Roast is not my taste.

Good point that the french press is probably not extracting all the flavor of the espresso grinds. I should get an espresso machine and do the beans some justice.

I used a finer grind setting today for the Illy beans, and I used a plunging method with the press to try and extract more flavor out of the espresso grinds. It did make a noticeable difference, much better now. But still, probably not the same as an espresso machine.

My wife just got home from shopping at a Ross Store where she found a 12 oz bag of Starbucks Espresso whole beans for $5.99. Now I am going to seriously look for an espresso machine so I can legit compare the Illy to this new bag of SB's. Then later on get some Peets espresso beans and compare those, too.

Originally Posted By: 3for3
Good point that the french press is probably not extracting all the flavor of the espresso grinds. I should get an espresso machine and do the beans some justice.

I used a finer grind setting today for the Illy beans, and I used a plunging method with the press to try and extract more flavor out of the espresso grinds. It did make a noticeable difference, much better now. But still, probably not the same as an espresso machine.

My wife just got home from shopping at a Ross Store where she found a 12 oz bag of Starbucks Espresso whole beans for $5.99. Now I am going to seriously look for an espresso machine so I can legit compare the Illy to this new bag of SB's. Then later on get some Peets espresso beans and compare those, too.

Quattro Pete had MrCoffee espresso pump marker at reasonable price, less than $100. He seems to like it very much. The model number: ECMP50.

I think this is the one he has, but PM him to confirm.

81oV-qa5e2L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-ECMP50-E...rds=BVMC-ECMP50

Espresso is need to grind very fine to extract the full flavor.

I have an older version of ECMP50, but the differences are primarily cosmetic, from what I can tell. Rand has the newer version.

BTW, you can get it from Target or Walmart for less than $70.

I just had the worst coffee I've ever tried.

My wife brought home a bag of McCafe French vanilla. I don't even know if its actually coffee. It looks like tan sawdust.

She thought she was doing something nice,so as not to hurt her feelings,I brewed up a pot.

Its terrible...lol

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
I just had the worst coffee I've ever tried.

My wife brought home a bag of McCafe French vanilla. I don't even know if its actually coffee. It looks like tan sawdust.

It seems to be getting surprisingly good reviews on Amazon. LOL.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
It's probably the artificial vanilla flavor.

That's reasonable,its got a very strong artificial vanilla scent.

Back