Milton V-style Connectors (photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded the connectors on my compressor, air hose, and impact wrench to Milton V-style connectors from the cheap HF connectors I had put on there to get the system operational. $20 at CarQuest for CQ/Milton co-branded stuff. I needed a S-765 for the compressor, a S-764 for one end of the hose, a pack of S-761 for the other end, and two packs of S-760 connectors for the air hog tools. The compressor hasn't been used, so performance is still unknown. Based on the difference in size, a decent boost is expected.
cool.gif

Milton S-760 male-male connector on bottom, HF I/M style on top. It's pretty neat how the ID on the Milton is close to the OD of the HF:

Milton S-764 female-female hose-end connector on the right, HF hose-end connector on the left. Bit of a noticeable difference there:

I'm planning on keeping some of the cheapy connectors on tools that don't need copious amounts of airflow such as light-duty air ratchets, tire inflators, and the like. Even those should work better since the other connectors have been upgraded.

No question these V fittings are well worth every penny. I see no need to go up in hose size or fitting size. Perhaps if you use giant 3/4" or 1" impacts it might help to go to bigger, but for normal stuff this is more than fine.

The V-style coupler will also accept M- and A-style plugs

Last edited:
so the HF style is
0.031 square inch area

Milton V
0.062 square inch

GuardAir
0.071 square inch

Wow, quite the difference. I'm guessing that the intended use for each fitting is something different?

I've always been happy with Milton stuff.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wow, quite the difference. I'm guessing that the intended use for each fitting is something different?

Historically, for 3/8 I.D. hose with 1/4" NPT fittings, there are Automotive, Industrial, and Universal fittings, all small stuff. The Universal attempts to interconnect with the Automotive and the Industrial.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I've always been happy with Milton stuff.

The Milton V stuff I got looks really good. It is also interchangeable with the GuardAir High Flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back