Continental PureContact .vs. Pirelli P7 Cinturato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used both? Both tires tested very well by Tirerack (twice) and both have outstanding survey results. The trade-off seems to be slightly better response in the Continental vs. better ride and lower noise in the Pirelli (which also seems to have good response). Pirelli costs slightly more, but the small difference isn't a factor me. Both are rated for 70k miles.

I'd say the purecontacts are more of an eco friendly tire with really low rolling resistance, which means harder tread and worse winter traction and cornering traction, but very high treadwear and an extra MPG or so.

I just got new tires (Michelin Premier A/S), and if i had it to do over again I'd get the Continental PureContacts. I don't have experience with the Continental or Pirelli's, but the PureContacts are the one I was going to go with until I saw the Michelins on sale.

I just got a set of the Pirelli P7's on my car a little over a month ago and really like them. Quiet, great handling, soft ride, anything you can ask for in a tire!

My dad has the Continentals on his '13 Focus from the factory and when I asked him how they were in the snow, he had no complaints or troubles with them, FWIW.

Originally Posted By: sicko
I just got new tires (Michelin Premier A/S), and if i had it to do over again I'd get the Continental PureContacts. I don't have experience with the Continental or Pirelli's, but the PureContacts are the one I was going to go with until I saw the Michelins on sale.

I have not driven on the PureContacts, but I have about 600 miles on my set of Michelin Premier A/S and I have been extremely satisfied by their ride quality, lack of noise, straight-line stability and respectable dry traction. Rolling resistance has not been an issue for me so far; in fact they appear to be better than my last set of tires (Primacy MXM4). Also, in a recent TireRack test, the wet traction of the P7 Plus was quite weak - so you should consider this in your tire shopping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back