Castrol 505.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I've got 7,100 miles on my current full of Pentosin 505.01 in my car, was going to change it at 7,500 miles and do a UOA to see the wear metals and change the oil over to Mobil 1 TDT for another 7,500 mile run and do a UOA to compare the wear metals between the two.

However, the dealership carries Castrol 5w40 505.01, I can get it for the shop price at $8.50 a quart.

Price is not a factor in this. I do not care about the price of the oil, I just want the least cam wear on my car.

So which do you think will have the least wear metals in the end, Mobil 1 TDT or the Castrol 505.01?

Thanks.

Hi,
Nick1994 - As a long term user of Delvac 1 5W-40 (the commercial brother to M1 5W-40 TDT) I suggest that you will have great results from using it. It is a great product

Doing UOAs and comparing wear metal uptake is not a valued method of judging the lubricant's performance. This may give a picture after trending over a great distances/time. UOAs are best for judging how the lubricant is surviving in a particular application and is most useful in extending OCIs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back