2015 Ford 6.2 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. And as far as oil goes castrol,pennzoil,m1 etc are all producing a certified lubricant so no matter how you choose to go just insure you've got a certified product and don't give it a second thought.

You hit the nail on the head Clevy. As long as it meets the M2C945a (their 5w20 spec) spec you're golden. If full synthetic is what you desire, Advance Auto Parts has a nice Valvoline Synpower special going on this month.. 1 jug and a Fram Ultra filter (XG2 IIRC) for $27.xx with their coupon. She holds 7 quarts btw.

I have yet to hear of this engine preferring one oil over the other, so the tech that recommended Castrol most likely uses it only because that's what is grandpa used back in the 60s. Plus with him being a dealer tech, I would think his experience is pretty limited to the MC blend. Who knows.. Im sure hes a great guy.. just take what he says with a grain of salt.

It's a screamer I know that for sure lol, when I go to do my rearend fluid what would you guys recommend brand wise? I've always ran Lucas in the rear end of these fords and I've never had issues.

Originally Posted By: Fordbossguy
It's a screamer I know that for sure

I know what you mean, my 6.8 V10 redlines at 5k...that's enough!

I run 5w-20 synthetic and when I run out I'll switch to my stash of 0w-20, same as the Honda.

BITOG'rs don't let friend use Lucas
shocked.gif

I checked out the OM regarding the diff fluid. It recommended 80w90 for the front "axle" and 75w140 synthetic for the rear and gave the Motorcraft part numbers and fluid specs.

Obviously the fronts are different between the two trucks, but the rear should be the same. I am having a heck of a time finding fluid that meets their specs and it said nothing about a limited slip additive.

I also found it interesting that the transmission doesnt have a dip stick and should only be checked/ refilled by a "certified technician".

I would run a quality Full Synthetic such as Royal Purple 5W-20,which can be easily obtained at your local Walmart & change out at 7.5 K miles due to the heavy towing that you do. Best of luck with her!

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I would run a quality Full Synthetic such as Royal Purple 5W-20,which can be easily obtained at your local Walmart & change out at 7.5 K miles due to the heavy towing that you do. Best of luck with her!

For nearly twice the cost as other just as good "full synthetics" Royal Purple is a joke.

I'm partial to redline gear fluids however all the majors have a quality fluid. Royal purple and Amsoil severe gear hold a place in my heart too however given the option I'd go redline first.

It's a screamer I know that for sure lol, when I go to do my rearend fluid what would you guys recommend brand wise? I've always ran Lucas in the rear end of these fords and I've never had issues.

I like valvoline synpower gear oils in my differentials. Ford motorcraft gear oil that comes factory is also a great lube. You will need the friction modifier with the motorcraft oil if you have a limited slip. The valvoline Synpower already has the modifier in it.

Don't use the Lucas oil. It's way over priced and overhyped. And IMO a terrible oil compared to the Valvoline and Motorcraft oils. I would never let anything Lucas close to my truck. Good luck and welcome to BITOG!

Thanks a bunch for all the advise guys, the truck has 3.73 electronic locking rear diff. I changed my oil last Wednesday with the castrol edge seams like the truck has idled down some it's not hyped up, may be because it's first oil change. I have a 2011 5.0 f150 that's my run around truck and I lve ran the new Pennzoil platinum made from natral gas and love it.

I'm not a Lucas fan at all, though I have never used their gear oil and my opinion is based on their "some thick [censored] will fix it" philosophy with their "oil stabilizer," ATF molasses, and PS molasses. Lucas products are for wringing the last bit of life out of something that should already be in the junkyard anyway.

Any brand of synthetic is fine to use. I have used Mobil 1, Valvoline, Motorcraft, Royal Purple, and even Super Tech in Ford 7.5s, 8.8s, and a Dana 35 and have never had any differential problems ever aside from expected pinion seal leaks (both of which happened to seals with over 150K miles on them and lots of exposure to mud).

Chevron Techron is as good as it gets for fuel treatment. I use it maybe once or twice a year, and usually get Chevron gas that has Techron in it.

What's the best fuel treatment for every fill up?

Whatever is already in top tier gas.

Awesome, if I have any other issues come up I'll be sure to ask you guys. I hate going to the dealer for stuff they just try to screw you over on everything. They screwed me for 22,000 bucks for a new 6.7 power stroke that was 11,000 miles out of warranty. What's the best thing for the transmission and coolant let ford service them? I've always let ford do the 6.7 coolant and tranny I've had 3 and had great luck with just letting ford deal with it.

Do you guys like the Lucas fuel treatment? What's the best fuel treatment for every fill up?

It's the only Lucas product worth buying.
I use tc-w3 in every tank of every fuel burning engine I own. That's quite a few once you factor in 5 work vans,16 air compressors,7 generators,2 personal vehicles and a leaf blower.

Awesome, if I have any other issues come up I'll be sure to ask you guys. I hate going to the dealer for stuff they just try to screw you over on everything. They screwed me for 22,000 bucks for a new 6.7 power stroke that was 11,000 miles out of warranty. What's the best thing for the transmission and coolant let ford service them? I've always let ford do the 6.7 coolant and tranny I've had 3 and had great luck with just letting ford deal with it.

Holy [censored] dude! Should have gotten the ESP! I would never buy a diesel without one!

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN

For nearly twice the cost as other just as good "full synthetics" Royal Purple is a joke.

Who says? You? Your a Joke!
grin.gif

If you want the transmission flushed, you'll have to go to a Ford dealer. The 6R140 has an internal thermostat, so it requires a special heated flush procedure, and only Ford dealers have the machine to do it. In fact, some Ford dealers don't even have the machine. You can change what's in the pan yourself, but that's it. This is also the case with the 5R110 in my 05 F-350.

So I have another question guys, I have a Amsoil rep that is a buddy of mine I can get a really good deal on it. Would you guys just stay with name brand oils like castrol and Mobil 1 or switch all the fluids in this truck to Amsoil when the fluids need changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back