Not open for further replies.
12,487 and 2 OCIs with 5/30HM Mobil1

DistancePlus1.jpg

DistancePlus2.jpg

DistancePlus3.jpg

DistancePlus4.jpg

Looks fine, UOA to come

M1 0/40 and a PSL went on.

Looks nice. Seems about on-par with a Mobil-1. Priced about the same in my area, too. I've only seen them in WalMart in my area.

Nice looking filter.

Haven't spent nearly as much time on BITOG as I used to, but that looks exactly like a purolator.

The same make filter is on its second OCI on the Honda CR-V to take it out to about 13k. This will be the second one to do this. The first Bosch D+ mirrored your photos and am expecting the current one to do the same. Stout filter that holds up nicely.

Thanks for posting.

Looks good. What's the date code on the can? I see "F09....".

Then maybe C? Which would be Sep 2011.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks good. What's the date code on the can? I see "F09....".

Then maybe C? Which would be Sep 2011.

F09C20E1 the "0" are fat more like:
FO9C2OE1

It went on in January 2013

Originally Posted By: webfors
Nice looking filter.

Haven't spent nearly as much time on BITOG as I used to, but that looks exactly like a purolator.

That's because Purolator makes bosch oil filters

Are the specs similar or the same as the Fram Ultra filters?

I have seen them at Walmart too, but didn't know anything about them.

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE

No they're not as good as the Ultras.
Per their website -
"Performs with any formulation of motor oil. 99.9%* efficiency, greater capacity and greater burst resistance strength than conventional oil filters. *Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on D3500 **Compared to conventional filters"

http://www.boschautoparts.com/distanceplus-oil-filters

Thanks for the info! I stocked up on a ton of Amsoil EAO filters, AC Delco filters (which I will most likely return) and Fram Ultra filters. Between the Amsoil and Fram Ultras, I don't know which ones to run and which ones are better. The Amsoil filters are taller than the Fram Ultra filters and I have never had an issue with the Amsoil filters over the years. I heard Fram makes the Amsoil EAO filters now to Amsoil specs. I don't know if that is true either.

Last edited:
IMO the Ultra is the current best buy, these or more money unless you get some sort of deal (like I did) and not as nice of filter IMO.

If I could get an Ultra without the grip coating they would be all I buy...

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
It looks like it could do 15,000 miles. I have on right now on my car and am planning on taking it to that mileage.

I have no doubt it would, that was my plan to start (2 7000-7500 oci) but I decided to put the car on a 10,000 schedule like the Civic and this was a nice convenient time to do so at approximately ~160,000 that is easier for me to remember...

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE

No they're not as good as the Ultras.
Per their website -
"Performs with any formulation of motor oil. 99.9%* efficiency, greater capacity and greater burst resistance strength than conventional oil filters. *Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on D3500 **Compared to conventional filters"

http://www.boschautoparts.com/distanceplus-oil-filters

The Bosch and FRAM are both superior filters.

Same engine, same oil, 400,000 miles later and there would be no difference in a teardown.

In a sludge loaded engine, this filter might even be a better choice due to its additional dirt holding capacity.

Looks great! I still couldn't bring myself to use one. No reason to with the Fram Ultra so readily available at a great price. Thanks for cutting and posting!

Very good looking filter indeed, but very overpriced. Wouldn't be so bad if it was included in an oil change special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back