Good little "toy" type car for my wife and I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you have another $15K ready for maintenance, the choice is a Boxster! Only half kidding!!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: WeenieHutJr
DO NOT GET A VW BUG!

When a guy with "weenie" in his name tells you not to get a bug, you listen. Beside a guy can drive an old beater air cooled bug or a better a dune buggy. But have you ever seen a guy in a new bug? Even near Seattle I don't. Enough said.

Keep saving and get a 2015 WRX with a CVT. Toy cars need MT's, but the CVT should satisfy both.

I'm with Pabs on this one. The only VW Bug a male should own is one of those awesome dune buggy ones!! The modern ones should be left to the wannabe pseudo-hippy highschool girls who always put dayglow peace sign stickers all over them and those huge plastic eyelashes over the headlights.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
As long as you have another $15K ready for maintenance, the choice is a Boxster! Only half kidding!!

How much has your buddy spent on his already?

04 on up CLK500 or 350 if you don't care about UPs.
Audi A4 cab
Chevy camaro cab
vw eos

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Challeger Hellcat.
May be he can sell his first born??

My brother's Boxster? So far only oil change (gulp $200 at the indie shop) IMS/RMS/Clutch is already scheduled after the big weekend and would probably run about $4K depending upon the condition of the dual mass flywheel therein.

Last edited:
E46 330Ci coupe / vert with ZHP
smile.gif

If you want best bang for your buck,find a good condition,low mileage 93-03 Mustang GT w/manual tranny.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Boundarylayer- A PT loser? Really? If a Solara and some Lexus models didn't impress, why would this?
PTs can be had with a 'fun' turbo, and many like the slightly retro looks, and its modern enough. PT beat an HHR in a Car and Driver comparo. And they only have $15,000 to spend, and all the other discussions about better BMWs, etc. come with a higher price tag for a decent example.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
If you want best bang for your buck,find a good condition,low mileage 93-03 Mustang GT w/manual tranny.

Challenger Hellcat

Why can people not read?!? I swear I feel like I am back at GasBuddy. People just read the title and post. I can't stand "blind posters." That's the reason I left GB. Read the ENTIRE post!

Aquariuscsm - the OP specifically stated he does NOT want a manual. Nor does the op want a "non-modern" car.

MCompact - the OP said he was on a ~$15,000 budget. Even if this was intended to be funny, it wasn't.

Originally Posted By: boundarylayer
Boundarylayer- A PT loser? Really? If a Solara and some Lexus models didn't impress, why would this?
PTs can be had with a 'fun' turbo, and many like the slightly retro looks, and its modern enough. PT beat an HHR in a Car and Driver comparo. And they only have $15,000 to spend, and all the other discussions about better BMWs, etc. come with a higher price tag for a decent example.

Nothing says "toy" or "fun" like a PT Loser.... lol

Hmmmmm... Do I want a Corvette or PT? I'll take the PT!
crackmeup2.gif

I wouldn't pay $5,000 for one.

MCompact - the OP said he was on a ~$15,000 budget. Even if this was intended to be funny, it wasn't.

It is comforting to know that the forum Nazis remain ever vigilant.

Challenger Hellcat

Why can people not read?!? I swear I feel like I am back at GasBuddy. People just read the title and post. I can't stand "blind posters." That's the reason I left GB. Read the ENTIRE post!

Aquariuscsm - the OP specifically stated he does NOT want a manual. Nor does the op want a "non-modern" car.

Dude,you REALLY need to take a pill,and get a life outside of the internet. I just don't get why some people get their panties in a knot over forum discussions. Man,I wish that's all I had to worry about in life,must be nice!

A decent "non-modern" car (thinking you must mean a current car),15 grand isn't going to get you much. A "toy" type car to me,is an older car that's easy/cheap to work on,can be all done diy,and must be a standard. I bet if the op taught her how to drive one,he wouldn't be able to get it away from her. A "toy" car should be fun to drive,not an appliance.

Challenger Hellcat

It sounds like you need to give up on this forum thing. It's never going to be what you want it to be.

Originally Posted By: Mykl

Challenger Hellcat

It sounds like you need to give up on this forum thing. It's never going to be what you want it to be.

Right on Mykl!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Mykl

Or he could start his own forum.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back