iOS 7.1 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
Since I have KitKat, I think I will pass.

It would be a nice upgrade.
smile.gif

Been using it for a few months now.

I just hope they squashed the bugs from beta 5, as they didn't release a GM this time around.

Originally Posted By: hypervish
Been using it for a few months now.

I just hope they squashed the bugs from beta 5, as they didn't release a GM this time around.

I had experienced the Springboard crashes on 7.0.4 and it's gone now with 7.1.

I'm curious to see if wifi is more reliable now. It seemed pretty flaky since day 1 versus my old Droid RAZR (refused to connect to some networks, poor performance, etc).

Originally Posted By: Donald
Since I have KitKat, I think I will pass.

Maybe its the hardware but my older Nexus 7 is the pits with that OS. There the prior one(Ice Cream?) I would give the Nexus an acceptable rating but the price was right(free).

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
I just installed and is the same, the worst operating system in the planet, they just make the letters on the keyboard more black,

k

Im installing it right now through iTunes. Im looking forward to the darker text on the keyboard and the reinstatement of the month view on the calendar. The carplay and changes to siri I will have to wait and see, I dont use siri all that much and dont really use my phone in the car except to talk via sync.

Originally Posted By: dparm

I'm curious to see if wifi is more reliable now. It seemed pretty flaky since day 1 versus my old Droid RAZR (refused to connect to some networks, poor performance, etc).

Interesting, Ive never had issues with wifi on my 5s with the various 7.0x versions.

Where I am having issues is downloading the 7.1, it is crawling... But this is on my laptop.

Did it last night, the phone update surprised me this AM when my first call rang. Other than that, the better fingerprint recognition and the darker keyboard, I'm not seeing any major differences. Which I guess is to be expected.

Ive been using the fingerprint sensor since I first got the 5s and it has been great. I wonder if some of the "issues" are actually difference in hydration and skin composition?

Most of the changes dont affect me much. I am glad to have the month view on the calendar back, where when you touch the day appointments show up on the bottom of the screen, rather then opens up a full page for that particular day. The darker keyboard is also nice. My phone also feels a bit snappier, but that could be a placebo affect. Battery life is seems a bit worse.

I keep reduced motion set to "on" on my phone. But they apparently fixed the perspective issue with large wallpapers becoming out of focus or out of the frame when "waking" the phone up.

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
I just installed and is the same, the worst operating system in the planet, they just make the letters on the keyboard more black,

Nope. The worst operating systems on the planet were DOS, Android 1.6 (aka "Donut"), and Windows 95 (DOS with a pretty 32 bit shell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back