Castrol GTX ok with ARX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now in my engine is Exxon dino oil and the ARX treatment.

Is it ok to use Castrol GTX for the rinse phase? Is it ok to use with ARX for the second cleaning phase? tia

You will probably get a lot of pointers to the sticky atop this thread

and also

http://auto-rx.com/pages/faqs.htm

But yes, Castrol GTX is fine for all phases. It is a decent quality Dino oil. The instructions actually indicate that you can use syn, but the polar issues will cause the rinse to take longer.

Frank has specifically mentioned GTX as a suitable oil in response to similar questions.

vinu_neuro,

I stopped using synthetic oil about 2 years ago I am using Dino 10w30 Castrol with 3oz of Auto-Rx at each oil change it is working great for me. I have a 2002 Chrysler Town/Country with a 3.8 engine changing to dino oil saves me about $7.00 dollars per oil change. To answer your question yes Castrol works great with Auto-Rx.

Daryl

vinu- depending on what oil analysis results show for your equipement you might be able to use any SM/GF4 oil for the application. Using Auto-RX for annual cleaning is an excellent regimen that people like Daryl are enjoying.

With Analysis we could tune the regimen specifically for your needs and the what the results demand.

Terry

I would use a cheaper bargain oil for the rinse phase.

Castrol GTX is just about as close to synthetic as you can get.

You might get a better rinse with a lower grade cheap oil.

Why not any conventional oil, cheap or expensive. I used Delo 15w-40, thinking it might help with the cleaning, and it was cheap at Costco.

Well, the better the oil, then essentially the more polar it will be which will inhibit the polar type of molecular structure that enables the Auto-RX to bond to the surfaces to clean them.

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:

How is it that Castrol GTX is as close to synthetic as you can get?

quote:

Originally posted by grbr95:

quote:

GTX is an incredibly refined oil meeting even GF4 requirements. You should see it out of the bottle, it is almost clear.

What I meant is that it is about as refined and high quality as you can get out of a dino oil.

Some people have said that it is better than most hydrocracked synthetics.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by grbr95:

quote:

GTX is an incredibly refined oil meeting even GF4 requirements. You should see it out of the bottle, it is almost clear.

What I meant is that it is about as refined and high quality as you can get out of a dino oil.

Some people have said that it is better than most hydrocracked synthetics.

YOu think that GTX is better than Havoline?

I am no longer going answer questions from a back-stabber that like to start new threads in order to prove me wrong.

Figure it out for yourself.

If this thread is what you call something that is not back stabbing than I don't know what is:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=015014

Asking questions only to start another thread to put me down for what I said is immature and childish.

On top of that lying and saying I was comparing GTX to synthetic is just the icing on your manipulative cake.

quote:

I am no longer going answer questions from a back-stabber that like to start new threads in order to prove me wrong.

Figure it out for yourself.

If this thread is what you call something that is not back stabbing than I don't know what is:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=015014

Asking questions only to start another thread to put me down for what I said is immature and childish.

On top of that lying and saying I was comparing GTX to synthetic is just the icing on your manipulative cake.

Ok...allow me to apologize. My intent was not to backstab, and yes, I may have misquoted you. But I never quoted you anyway as I never used your name in refererance to that post you found.
So, I do apologize for that.
If you want to know the truth, I found what you had to say interesting in that Valvoline is very clear as well, if not more clear than GTX, and makes me wonder if it is even more refined. Then I hear other post talk about dyes being added, so part of me wondered if your saying that GTX is higly refined due to its clear color may not be right on the mark. But I repeat, my intent was not to backstab.

My thoughts on GTX being a high quality dino is not based on color at all.

My comparison was just in relation to other dino oils I have used.

And it is often said that GF4 dino oils are blurring the defining line between synthetic and dino.

Standard oils are getting closer and closer to the protection seen by people using synthetics and this is not for a good reason.

With every new generation of oil refinement, dino oils are getting better and better.

I just find that through my personal use and the VOA's and UOA's I have seen there seems to be a consensus that this is a good oil regardless of the grade you use.

I remember when I bought a used Toyota Corolla station wagon-the best USED car I ever bought. After that I bought new cars. The guy who sold it to me had been the manager of the Nissan dealership in town and then he had decided to open up a used car dealership on his own. He seemed very knowledgeable. He recommended that I use Castrol 20W-50 in the car (back in those days thicker oil was being used especially in used cars that had some wear). That old car ran great and it seemed like it was capable of running forever. It did make a little noise at startup. Instead of using the thicker Castrol I used 10W-30 in the summer time and I put Tufoil in the oil. It did seem to quiet the engine down. I wish now I had used the Castrol 20W-50 (in the summer time). Probably would have worked just as well for less money.

And I wish back in those days that Auto-RX had been around. Maybe it was I don't know but I did not know about it if it was. Auto-RX would have kept a lot of older vehicles running longer.

I pretty much think that any name brand conventional oil is plenty good, at least if you change oil often. I think synthetic is better for the winter time and in vehicles that require synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back