"Dogs Welcome"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aws

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation.

He wrote: I would very much like to bring my dog with me.
He is well-groomed
And very well behaved.
Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:

SIR: "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls.

I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly.

And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.

Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel.

And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."

I'm a dog man myself. A dog is always honest, generally content to eat the same food day after day, (although they really enjoy a "treat" and seem to be truly thankful), doesn't complain if you come home dirty and track dirt on the floor nor does it mind if you look at other dogs. A dog doesn't seem to care what kind of car you drive or what kind of clothes you wear. A dog doesn't yell at you for throwing your undies on the bathroom floor and then forgetting to pick them up. If you happen to get mad for no apparent reason or say something that's not entirely true, a dog will not remind you of it or hold against you a month after the fact. Most importantly, dogs don't throw things at you when they're mad and if you happen to throw something at them, they generally catch it and think they're having a great time.

Not known to me but my dog of 16yrs was my best friend and I did everything to keep him going. I kept thinking is he suffering?? As it turned out the day I realized he was suffering and I had to do something made for at this point the worse day of my life. He ended his suffering with hip problems etc quickly and I was glad it was over. But because I made the decision and he did not pass away on his own, I cannot get over that point. Time has passed yes I got it... but I wish it happened in his sleep.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Not known to me but my dog of 16yrs was my best friend and I did everything to keep him going. I kept thinking is he suffering?? As it turned out the day I realized he was suffering and I had to do something made for at this point the worse day of my life. He ended his suffering with hip problems etc quickly and I was glad it was over. But because I made the decision and he did not pass away on his own, I cannot get over that point. Time has passed yes I got it... but I wish it happened in his sleep.
Look at it this way-he (or she) will be waiting for you on the other side-because all dogs go to heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back